Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Encouragement or Kiss of Death?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    It might be a bit early to lament having other plans for GF day.
    clearly you are new around here - I'm known for booking leave in April for grand final weekend!! So I'm serious when I say - if we get to the 2017 Grand Final - even though I'm premiership club and guaranteed a ticket - I CANT GO!!!! No lamenting about it!!!

[QUOTE=mcs;718743]That is true Wardy, although I've run into a few unsavoury arrogant Bulldogs fans that think its the dawn of a dynasty - but every club has a group of those, and nowhere near the feral Hawks fans we've seen in recent years

As for Stevic - he will be hearing at close range my views on his 2016 'fix' at the first game I go to this season in which he is officiating - surely they won't be silly enough to give him our game on Saturday

GIVE THAT DICK@@@@ A MASSIVE SERVE MCS - it's your community service darl !!!! ????????

On the veteran's list
    ESPN have run the variables (team, draw, oppositon) 10,000 times and have come up with the most likely ladder at the end of the year. It could be a gut-wrenching year again! Have a look:

Footy Forensics introduces advanced AFL Elo-based ladder prediction rankings statistics
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post

GIVE THAT DICK@@@@ A MASSIVE SERVE MCS - it's your community service darl !!!! ????????
    Don't you worry Wardy, if we get him on Saturday, I'll be waiting at the Umpires race to let him know well and truly what I thought of his 'performance' that day in September!

I see it as part of the healing process from that day last year. I'll be doing the same for the other donkeys as well when I run into them around the grounds as well. Only once all 3 of the ground umpires know what I feel will I be ready to move on

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    I'm the same. I should have known that last year was ill-fated. My GF history:

1996: Brother got married - couldn't go (that marriage didn't last either)
    2005: I was at the GF
    2006: Knocked up and unable to travel to the GF
    2012: I was at the GF
    2014: Building a house, flat broke and unable to afford the GF
    2016: Overseas, not at the GF

I'll be around this year and should be able to scrape a few $$ together to get down to Melbourne. We're in with a chance - seems they can't do it without me!
    If you don't have access to a ticket/need an additional one Mel, your welcome to make use of my Premiership Club barcode You may well just be our boys lucky charm!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Don't you worry Wardy, if we get him on Saturday, I'll be waiting at the Umpires race to let him know well and truly what I thought of his 'performance' that day in September!
    Perhaps you can slide in below his knees as he's running off? Just to demonstrate, why changing the season's interpretation of the sliding rule, on grand final day, wasn't a good idea.

On the Rookie List
    I still harbour outrage at the GF result.I admire the way the boys are "moving on" but I can not. In the rule book there is no special section for how to umpire a GF .The swans will not be allowed to win a GF .

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    I still harbour outrage at the GF result.I admire the way the boys are "moving on" but I can not. In the rule book there is no special section for how to umpire a GF .The swans will not be allowed to win a GF .
    I am sorry to say I will agree with your comments. I strongly believe the AFL will do every thing in their power to stop us ever winning a GF. Now Rohan Connolly has tipped us we are doomed. Anyhow I still think Bulldogs are the team to beat. Had all those injuries last year and still won the flag (with a little help). We would need to be at our top of our game to have any chance this year.

The injuries during the year for Footscray probably led to their 7th position finish - didn't significantly effect the GF team

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Perhaps you can slide in below his knees as he's running off? Just to demonstrate, why changing the season's interpretation of the sliding rule, on grand final day, wasn't a good idea.
    Yeah, that decision (or lack of) was one of the more distressing on the day. He deserves a good scolding.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    I am sorry to say I will agree with your comments. I strongly believe the AFL will do every thing in their power to stop us ever winning a GF. Now Rohan Connolly has tipped us we are doomed. Anyhow I still think Bulldogs are the team to beat. Had all those injuries last year and still won the flag (with a little help). We would need to be at our top of our game to have any chance this year.
    I feel like they got caught up in the Bulldog fairytale rather than anything else. Should we make another GF, I am confident we won't see the same lopsided free kick count.

Veterans List
    The public also seem to be impressed with our players. In the Herald Sun, Mark Robinson listed his top 50 players and the readers had a chance to have their say on who they thought should have been in the list. They had 4 of our players in the top 10:

- Kennedy was 3rd
    - Franklin 5th
    - Hanners 6th
    - Parker 8th

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    Yeah, that decision (or lack of) was one of the more distressing on the day. He deserves a good scolding.
    It's actually worse than that. In the second quarter from memory one of their players effectively ran into one of our players on the ground and they pinged him for sliding. It should have been a free kick for us and the Parker incident should have also, yet they both went against us.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast