Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Encouragement or Kiss of Death?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Ha! As he clings tightly to the cup.

"We will put our hand up and say a couple of balls were thrown in the Grand Final that should have been paid as throws," Beveridge told Fox Sports on Wednesday.
    He admits it to characterise it as luck and mitigate possibility of a perception that his team frequently infringe in this manner.

"I worry if it's just us (in the spotlight)."

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Ha! As he clings tightly to the cup.

"We will put our hand up and say a couple of balls were thrown in the Grand Final that should have been paid as throws," Beveridge told Fox Sports on Wednesday.
    Galling. I felt sick reading it. Easy to say now.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    He admits it to characterise it as luck and mitigate possibility of a perception that his team frequently infringe in this manner.

"I worry if it's just us (in the spotlight)."
    Yeh its a completely tactical move on his part - 'we were just lucky' so to try and keep the spotlight off whatever antics they might get up to this season. More gridiron tunnelball perhaps?
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post

From reading various articles it seems like the majority have selected us to be runners up again. I don't think I can handle another grand final loss ????.

I hate seeing footage/photos of the bulldogs from the GF. I mute the tv and turn away!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    Same here. That loss has really eaten at me. 2014 was bad but we didn't deserve that because of the way we played/Hawthorn played. But last years loss was because of pathetic umpiring. That should have been our premiership. We were robbed and that makes it ten times more painful.

I feel the same way. The AFL has publicly stated the umpiring of the 2016 gf was poor. I don't have a problem with the Bulldogs - they simply exploited the situation they were in. It started when KJ marked in the forward 50 for the first scoring shot of the game. He got cleaned up by Easton Wood and should've got a 50 m penalty - wasn't paid. We all know what happened to Hanners at the start of Q4 - again Easton Wood. I'd be fairly sure in saying his coach put him up to this. There's an article in the AFL website about Luke Beveridge admitting 'we got away with a few' in the gf. The gf was a media circus and we were on the wrong end of it.

I know how everyone hates seeing pics and videos of the Bulldogs premiership victory, and I do too. But I've been forced to review the GF in great detail for my next movie, titled

THE MANCHURIAN UMPIRE: HOW RUSSIA HACKED THE 2016 GRAND FINAL

There's something eerily similar between the Bulldogs and the Ruskies. I think I'm on to something here.

Melbourne, 1 October 2016

611697842.jpg

Moscow, 1 October 2016
    russia_3033732b.jpgrussiaday.jpgslava_russia_day1.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    At least there was a photo of a dog to save it.

In the space of a few days- consensus that 2006 was a sham, and then Beveridge says they got away with a few.

At least we have noone else to blame for 2014.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Veterans List
    I'm sure I read somewhere that the bulldogs practiced the quick "handballs" at training ????.

We were cheated by the sliding, the ducking and the throwing. It is the start of the season and I should be over it but I just keep getting angrier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    From reading various articles it seems like the majority have selected us to be runners up again. I don't think I can handle another grand final loss ????.

I hate seeing footage/photos of the bulldogs from the GF. I mute the tv and turn away!

Me too....that flag is tainted with betrayal. I can't stand the footage, it leaves me cold.....that 'fairytale' is a nightmare to me!

HOORAY PEEPS - STINKER STEVIC IS INFLICTING HIS @@@@ UPON THE TIGERS AND CARLTON TONIGHT - WE'VE BEEN SPARED FOR ANOTHER WEEK !!! ????????????

Veterans List
    Toby played ok tonight too........ and good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Ridge View Post
    I think GWS will top the table on 20 wins and it will be a close tussle for positions 2,3,4,5,6.

The Swans, Crows, West Coast, Bulldogs, Geelong, Hawthorn, Port, North, Collingwood, St Kilda, Melbourne and Essondon coukd beat each other on the day and injury list will have a major bearing on results.

Gold Coast, Brisbane, Carlton, Richmond and Freemantle are penciled in as wins.

You could get a team making the top 8 on 10 wins, you could get a 2-4 placing on 14 wins. It's that close.

GWS will win 20 plus games. Too much fire power.
    I stand corrected. Richmond are not in the bottom group of teams and the Swans can't pencil in them as a win. Richmond are one of those tight middle teams.

Carlton are in the bottom rung were not terrible and should be able to get 6 or 7 wins.

Wonderful to see the evenness of the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Toby played ok tonight too........ and good luck to him.
    My son was at the game in his Swans jumper. Got stopped by a number of Tiges supporters who thanked him for giving them Nank.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast