Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 61 to 67 of 67

Thread: Encouragement or Kiss of Death?

  1. #61
    Mark Mclure had us missing the 8 last year. This year finishing behind Demons lol

  2. #62
    Travelling Swannie!! mcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    4,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Ridge View Post
    I stand corrected. Richmond are not in the bottom group of teams and the Swans can't pencil in them as a win. Richmond are one of those tight middle teams.

    Carlton are in the bottom rung were not terrible and should be able to get 6 or 7 wins.

    Wonderful to see the evenness of the competition.
    You are an oracle if you can judge the 'evenness of the competition' on the basis of 1 game plus a bunch of meaningless pre-season games....
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

  3. #63
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Castlemaine, Vic.
    Posts
    1,614
    The answer to the thread title question is in........it's a kiss of death! I think something is amiss at our Swans at the moment, I have a few theories and I think it's a combo of many dubious happenings from recent seasons sapping our clubs heart and permeating down to the players and last years GF may have been the last straw, affecting our players and all around them more than we realise. I fear that as a club we are in a deep emotional slump........ .......and not even Kirky's influence can get us up. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    You are an oracle if you can judge the 'evenness of the competition' on the basis of 1 game plus a bunch of meaningless pre-season games....
    Ok MCS. Here is my table and the results at the end of round 22. I'm going to predict wins. This is mathematically correlated to take in the total 198 games in the regular season. There is a huge glut of evenness in the middle. Football tipping will be impossible.

    If I get close to the final table and predicted wins, you are welcome to refer to me as a futurist!

    GWW - 20 Wins
    Bulldogs - 17 Wins
    Swans - 15 Wins
    Geelong - 14 Wins
    West Coast - 14 Wins
    Crows - 13 Wins
    Melborne- 12 Wins
    Hawks - 10 Wins
    Port - 10 Wins
    Saints 10 Wins
    Richmond 10 Wins
    Essendon 10 Wins
    Collingwood 10 Wins
    North - 9 Wins
    Gold Coast - 7 Wins
    Freemantle - 7 Wins
    Carlton - 6 Wins
    Brisbane 4 Wins

  5. #65
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Castlemaine, Vic.
    Posts
    1,614
    In reference to my previous post, I would be very happy to be proven that wrong. 15 wins........I can't be that confident at the moment. Let's hope it's a really dry winter.......

  6. #66
    Veterans List aardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    4,926
    Quote Originally Posted by takeheed View Post
    Mark Mclure had us missing the 8 last year. This year finishing behind Demons lol
    He might be about right.

  7. #67
    Travelling Swannie!! mcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    4,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Ridge View Post
    Ok MCS. Here is my table and the results at the end of round 22. I'm going to predict wins. This is mathematically correlated to take in the total 198 games in the regular season. There is a huge glut of evenness in the middle. Football tipping will be impossible.

    If I get close to the final table and predicted wins, you are welcome to refer to me as a futurist!

    GWW - 20 Wins
    Bulldogs - 17 Wins
    Swans - 15 Wins
    Geelong - 14 Wins
    West Coast - 14 Wins
    Crows - 13 Wins
    Melborne- 12 Wins
    Hawks - 10 Wins
    Port - 10 Wins
    Saints 10 Wins
    Richmond 10 Wins
    Essendon 10 Wins
    Collingwood 10 Wins
    North - 9 Wins
    Gold Coast - 7 Wins
    Freemantle - 7 Wins
    Carlton - 6 Wins
    Brisbane 4 Wins
    You may well be right, but lets see where its all washed out to in about 6 weeks time. Many a season has been predicted to be 'the most even ever' only for it to become apparent, once a reasonable sample is made, that it is in reality broadly similar in characteristic to other season. What is hard this year is judging which teams will hold ground, which teams will make ground, and while will go backwards.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO