Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
The stupid thing about the 2 1st round draft pick thing is that it does not include F/S. So again it punishes GWS & GC even more as its not possible atm for them to have a F/S. So hyperthetically norf could finish 1st next year & take Blakey/Thomas in the first round. But GWS/GC would not be aloud if finishing in the top 4 to match 2 first round academy players. Double standards. I'll also add if Shayden Close was a 1st round pick from our academy next year we would not be allowed to take him & Blakey but the issue that sticks in my mind is that Close is aboriginal so realistically he should be classed as a NGA pick just like Tarryn Thomas from norf.
I totally agree about the double standards that will apply if the AFL doesn't enforce the new draft limitations according to ladder position on NGAs and F/S.

Boddo's example of Shayden Close illustrates this perfectly. If Close came through a NGA in (say) Victoria no rule limitation would apply. But as he is coming through the Swans academy, his drafting would be subject to the rule limitation (subject to Swans' final ladder position).