Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eagles' Tarnished 2006 Flag

Eagles' Tarnished 2006 Flag

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...20-gv2j4u.html

Nothing there we didn't know except for the fact that the AFL have been keeping this report that they commissioned secret for NINE FREAKING YEARS!

What a disgrace of an organisation they are

Warming the Bench
    Those West Coke Eagles got to love them. So lets look at what Melbourne storm got for cheating their way though a couple of season and lets not mention poor old Essendon so surely now the cats out of the bag again those weak gutted people at the AFL should act.
    West Coke Eagle - YouTube

Regular in the Side
    West Coke Eagle - YouTube[/url][/QUOTE]

very funny because its true.

No surprises here. Collingwood will winge for eternity about a kick that went over the goal post and was correctly called as a point. Yet, we get completely reamed by the umpires in 2016 and our opponents were as high as a kite on uppers in 2006 and we were fairly done by. Screw you AFL.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    No surprises here. Collingwood will winge for eternity about a kick that went over the goal post and was correctly called as a point. Yet, we get completely reamed by the umpires in 2016 and our opponents were as high as a kite on uppers in 2006 and we were fairly done by. Screw you AFL.
    Remember how Benny Boy used to run games out like a superhuman? I have no doubt at all that they used whatever the could get their hands on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Remember how Benny Boy used to run games out like a superhuman? I have no doubt at all that they used whatever the could get their hands on.
    Exactly. People are saying that the drugs they consumed weren't performance enhancing which is utter crap. All you need to do is look at how ice, amphets, etc effect people. It's no good for you in the long term but it can give you incredible strength and stamina for a short period (ie. longer than a GF). Cousins played the game of his life that day. Kerr played despite a normally debilitating injury to his ankle. Then of course you have Embley, Fletcher, Chick, Waters, Hunter, Banfield, Armstrong, etc who all played well. If they were clean I'd be extremely surprised. The only clean players were likely Cox and Judd.
    Last edited by S.S. Bleeder; 22nd March 2017 at 10:31 PM.

I think West Coast would gladly hand that 2006 trophy back if it meant that they never lost their way with recreational drugs and that players such as Cousins and Kerr could lead healthy normal lives.

I think some consideration needs to be given to good West Coast people of that 2006 side such as Judd, Embly and Glass. They deserve their premiership and were very good people.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Ridge View Post
    I think West Coast would gladly hand that 2006 trophy back if it meant that they never lost their way with recreational drugs and that players such as Cousins and Kerr could lead healthy normal lives.

I think some consideration needs to be given to good West Coast people of that 2006 side such as Judd, Embly and Glass. They deserve their premiership and were very good people.
    I'll call absolute BS on that. I think even now Worsfold is showing very little contrition about the situation, his view is that nobody gave him proof, I say he was quite happy to accept lies because they were what he wanted to hear because the men in question were doing the business for him on the weekend - Cousins, Gardiner, Kerr, Mainwaring, Fletcher, Chick is quite a list and they are just who we know of.

I worked with WA Boys in early 2002 and it was an open secret in Perth that the police had seriously bad information on Gardiner and Cousins re their criminal links and drug taking but is all got hushed up and swept under the carpet. That is four full seasons before their flag year.

And I'll say this too. Not a single West Coast fan I know would swap the Flag for the players health. In fact the ones I know are still ultra defensive about the whole situation and always claim Cousins never failed a drug test. And until the health issues became really serious many thought it was really cool their skipper could play at such a high level whilst being such a party animal.

Yeah, we'd all have liked to live our lives differently, show me anyone that with the chance wouldn't trade a F-Up for something else. But I take Nesbitt's claim with the contempt it deserves. As CEO he HAD the chance to do something as he was in possession of all the facts at the time - he CHOSE to not do anything because he CHOSE success on the field as being more important than the welfare of his players. Having second thoughts about that decision when they start dying 10 years later just doesn't cut it with me.

I feel sorry for Judd and he did the right thing and got out. And I feel for the players that were clean. But for Woosha and Nesbitt I feel contempt and I don't see how James Hird can be hounded within an inch of his life over his (very serious) duty of care breaches when Worsfold gets off scott-free.

Actually I can see and we should all see this - the West Coast Eagles Drugs Scandal and the AFL response was right out of the AFL PR "make the problem go away" Handbook. It is exactly the same Handbook they initially tried with the Bombers, not once but twice but WADA had the guts to call them out.

This whole thing makes me feel sick and it has nothing at all to do with the fact it also cost us a flag

Warming the Bench
    I remember Micky O on some sought of footy panel during this time saying how he was tested nearly every week and on the same panel a young Eagles player saying the same thing and jokingly saying that it was always the younger players not the stars that got tested. There was a question raised by one of the reporters saying maybe you are being tested all the time because they know that you are clean.
    In those days not all players got tested, I always thought there may have been some truth in the reporters question.

Powerful comparison between Woosha and Hird, MP. And also about the AFL in those two instances.

Those who say these are not performance enhancing drugs are wrong. I once played a game of hockey under the effect of ecstasy and had the game of my life! My game had more drive, intensity and my coordination was spot on! Like, way better than usual.

And the half time pep talk was, shall we say, emotional

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Posters View Post
    Those who say these are not performance enhancing drugs are wrong. I once played a game of hockey under the effect of ecstasy and had the game of my life! My game had more drive, intensity and my coordination was spot on! Like, way better than usual.

And the half time pep talk was, shall we say, emotional
    I won the senior school high jump after smoking pot behind the water tank. I never jumped that high again. What more proof do you need that the Eagles are evil b@#$%^ds.

oh and can a Mod correct the heading please, my OCD is playing up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast