Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Match Day. Round 1 Sydney V Port Adelaide SCG. 4.35pm.

After watch Tippos non ability to dominate in rd 1 will he be able to find a level that deserves the big $

it will be fascinating to watch Cameron evolve or not ? which may put pressure on Tippo to attract the big dollars............

Cameron may be just as good if not better re the marking and kicking of goals before we know it

Naismith may take over if not already in the ruck as the no1

Sinclair can back up and has 2 more years after this season

This could mean Tippo has to take either smaller $ to stay or look for a trade

This could also mean we use Tippos dollars to greater advantage ???
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Veterans List
    OK that was pretty dreadful...but how good was Sam? Great to have him back, could make a huge difference.

Back our boys to look more like the real Swans next week and give the Dogs a good old fashioned shellacking.

This talk about Tippett's value and taking a pay cut and stuff along those lines is getting pretty silly. There's no point in renegotiating his salary. We gave him a big compo package because we were desperate for a KPF at the time. He was looking close to the best big forward/ruck in the AFL at the time. I suppose the club paid the least they could in order to get him, but it just happened to be a lot. He didn't cost us any players or picks, directly. He exercised his option to stay with the club another 2 years, so he's likely to play out his contract and probably his career with us. Let's just hope he can have better luck on the injury front for the rest of his career. He's a pretty good player when he's up and about, as he was last year before his hamstring injury. As for the PA game, he was one of many senior players who under-performed, so there's no reason to single him out for one game. Let's see how he goes in the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This talk about Tippett's value and taking a pay cut and stuff along those lines is getting pretty silly... As for the PA game, he was one of many senior players who under-performed, so there's no reason to single him out for one game. Let's see how he goes in the coming weeks.
    +1

One thing that I don't think has been commented on re the PA match, am I right in saying there was no Sweet Caroline?

If so I hope that silly song is put away for good

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    It's been commented here that the PA system was out but I don't think that's right because I do remember the hosts running a quiz (much harder this year!) during one of the breaks

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    It's been commented here that the PA system was out but I don't think that's right because I do remember the hosts running a quiz (much harder this year!) during one of the breaks
    It certainly was playing up pretty badly before the game, but they seemed to fix it fairly early on. That quiz was much tougher than previously that they run!

I hope Sweet Caroline has been put away for good, but I won't hold my breath on that one.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I was sitting in Bill O stand and you could hardly hear anything during the qtr breaks including the third qtr. Needs to get fixed for next game as it was pretty low in volume.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    I was sitting in Bill O stand and you could hardly hear anything during the qtr breaks including the third qtr. Needs to get fixed for next game as it was pretty low in volume.
    No, no! May it never be fixed and remain for evermore low in volume! (says she of the shattered eardrums).

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    One thing that I don't think has been commented on re the PA match, am I right in saying there was no Sweet Caroline?

If so I hope that silly song is put away for good
    Surely someone needs to take a look at this. Last year Swans were almost invincible at the SCG (well 10 from 12) with Sweet Caroline playing at QT. This year we have lost 100% of games without. I hate it, but perhaps we need to reinstate Neil Diamond if we want to return to winning ways?

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516