Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 2 v Western Bulldogs

Hey Liz
    With our short backline you would be guessing we could only play it at either end of the ground in numbers and no quick breaks against isolated one on ones

Bulldogs and gws played this style in the main in season 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Huh?? These videos aren't showing yet when I bring up the Swans' site.

So - just how DO you do it Ugg? X Files references seem to be apt.
    My question also. I was about to post the same question to you.

Veterans List
    Will our short back line be able to play tall?

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Will our short back line be able to play tall?
    U would guess Only in numbers or plus 1 or plus 2

It's gunna be a smash up round the ball

It's going to be hard winning on the road this year without Tom Derickx as our travelling emergency.

I'm happy to see a coach taking some risks at selection. I'm surprised at the selections, but can't complain. I wasn't impressed with Fox in the JLT, but liked VFL his highlight reel. He must have been impressive at training under dry conditions. He does run hard and plays a physical brand of footy, so that's a good start.

I've been waiting for Newman to play for a long time. He deserves his chance. I hope he's not too nervous and handles the pressure well. The Bulldogs are a tough side for defences with the variety of looks coming at you.

We should have kept Abe Davis and let Towers go. Doubt we will see much of him in the seniors the next 2 years.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I appreciate they don't necessarily line up to play the way they're named, but I hope they maybe get someone with more than one games experience to sit with 3 newbies to help calm their nerves.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Very short defence. Rampe's not that tall but he's experienced and he's learned to play tall. I find it odd that neither Aliir nor Melican is in the team. Melican's omission can't be because they don't want to play too many debutants, given three have been selected. I'm sure Newman has earned his debut but would have preferred Melican this week. We have to hope nothing happens to Reg during the game. Or maybe Horse is planning to play Buddy at CHB.
    Totally agree Liz. I find it bizarre and am not quite sure the team will line up as selected.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    3 debutants, one with 1 game under his belt, another with 2 games and a further five under fifty games.

These selections indicate that Brandon Jack and Michael Talia are on a run away train towards being delisted at the end of 2017.

They need key defenders and Talia is not in the frame. They need small quick forwards and Brandon Jack is not close to being picked.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Very short defence. Rampe's not that tall but he's experienced and he's learned to play tall. I find it odd that neither Aliir nor Melican is in the team. Melican's omission can't be because they don't want to play too many debutants, given three have been selected. I'm sure Newman has earned his debut but would have preferred Melican this week. We have to hope nothing happens to Reg during the game. Or maybe Horse is planning to play Buddy at CHB.
    Or Reid? Since he was down back a few times last week too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    It's been taken down, no doubt after a stern phone call from the AFL to the Swans media department to protect their oh-so-precious team announcement embargo at 6.25pm, even though they routinely are late with the announcements.
    O-oh. I see a trade ban coming up.

I'm a bit surprised re Aliir. I am not surprised that Longmire went for youth but thought Edwards would get a birth. Not surprised re Towers he was Vanilla last week and that's being nice.

Can't see us winning. Someone said on another forum we have the same amount of players out as they do with comparable games. But if you look at the players who are out for Dogs they are in the main second stringers, no pun intended