Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 38

Thread: Please cast your vote for TLM Round 1, Swans vs Power

  1. #1
    I'm doing ok right now, thanks Site Admin Danzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Sunny Inner West
    Posts
    1,595

    Please cast your vote for TLM Round 1, Swans vs Power

    Pretty scarce at the moment - just five members! Voting open until Friday afternoon.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

  2. #2
    Go Swannies! Site Admin Meg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In the Brewongle
    Posts
    3,139
    Let me be the devil's advocate Dan and pose the question: should RWO discontinue the TLM? It seems to involve someone (you, Liz, previously Scott) in a lot of work when I wonder if there is much interest in the result.

    I hope others will provide views on this.

  3. #3
    I've just always found it hard to figure out how to do it. Just figured it out now. I may have done it before and then forgotten again.

    For those in my predicament: you use the button at the top of the screen that says 'TLM voting' just below the big 'REDandWHITEonline.com' and just above the little green-lettered 'Donate'. Once you find that, it's easy. But you can waste ages looking around the forums and threads for how to vote without success in my sorry experience.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Let me be the devil's advocate Dan and pose the question: should RWO discontinue the TLM? It seems to involve someone (you, Liz, previously Scott) in a lot of work when I wonder if there is much interest in the result.

    I hope others will provide views on this.
    I actually quite like voting each week.. I like the process of thinking through who deserves the votes. I must admit to not being that interested in the overall winner and by the time the results for each week come out I have forgotten about the game and who I voted for. I would much rather see the results at the end of each week. It interests me more to see how aligned my views are with the others on here.

  5. #5
    Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Doughnuts don't wear alligator shoes
    Posts
    2,838
    I don't know how to vote via the phone?

  6. #6
    Go Swannies! Site Admin Meg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In the Brewongle
    Posts
    3,139

    Please cast your vote for TLM Round 1, Swans vs Power

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    I actually quite like voting each week.. I like the process of thinking through who deserves the votes. I must admit to not being that interested in the overall winner and by the time the results for each week come out I have forgotten about the game and who I voted for. I would much rather see the results at the end of each week. It interests me more to see how aligned my views are with the others on here.
    I think that's a really interesting suggestion which I support. It would be like the AFL coaches votes which are published on the Monday after each round. But in RWO voting each week's results could perhaps be announced at the end of the week just before the next round starts.

    RWO could still aggregate at the end for an overall TLM winner.

  7. #7
    Veterans List Ludwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chiang Rai
    Posts
    5,460
    I vote every week, but I think the medal is a waste of time unless the results are known BEFORE the official Swans Best and Fairest night. That way we can compare how we voted compared to the coaches, as it happens.

  8. #8
    Warming the Bench
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Carrum Downs, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    194
    I understand if you close it down but hope it continues, I look forward to seeing the winner at the end of the season and comparing it to the B & F and Brownlow.

  9. #9
    Warming the Bench
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    moss vale
    Posts
    275
    I hope it continues, enjoy voting each week and the end of season countdown
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

  10. #10
    I'm doing ok right now, thanks Site Admin Danzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Sunny Inner West
    Posts
    1,595
    It won't be closed. I did enjoy putting it all together; yes, it was a lot of work BUT the template is set so it will be quicker next time. I agree with Ludwig, it would be better if it's wrapped up before B&F. I'll just manage my time a bit better and prepare some rounds well in advance. I think you would enjoy the count if there were a few rounds posted each night, and you take the time to check out the stats/highlights etc.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

  11. #11
    I'm doing ok right now, thanks Site Admin Danzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Sunny Inner West
    Posts
    1,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I think that's a really interesting suggestion which I support. It would be like the AFL coaches votes which are published on the Monday after each round. But in RWO voting each week's results could perhaps be announced at the end of the week just before the next round starts.

    RWO could still aggregate at the end for an overall TLM winner.
    Happy to give it a try for this year, why not? Unless there are strenuous objections?
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

  12. #12
    I'm doing ok right now, thanks Site Admin Danzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Sunny Inner West
    Posts
    1,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    I don't know how to vote via the phone?
    Right, that's a tricky one. I'll take a look but if anyone knows, please post! This would be via tapatalk yes?
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO