Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please cast your vote for TLM Round 1, Swans vs Power

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar

Please cast your vote for TLM Round 1, Swans vs Power

Pretty scarce at the moment - just five members! Voting open until Friday afternoon.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Let me be the devil's advocate Dan and pose the question: should RWO discontinue the TLM? It seems to involve someone (you, Liz, previously Scott) in a lot of work when I wonder if there is much interest in the result.

I hope others will provide views on this.

I've just always found it hard to figure out how to do it. Just figured it out now. I may have done it before and then forgotten again.

For those in my predicament: you use the button at the top of the screen that says 'TLM voting' just below the big 'REDandWHITEonline.com' and just above the little green-lettered 'Donate'. Once you find that, it's easy. But you can waste ages looking around the forums and threads for how to vote without success in my sorry experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Let me be the devil's advocate Dan and pose the question: should RWO discontinue the TLM? It seems to involve someone (you, Liz, previously Scott) in a lot of work when I wonder if there is much interest in the result.

I hope others will provide views on this.
    I actually quite like voting each week.. I like the process of thinking through who deserves the votes. I must admit to not being that interested in the overall winner and by the time the results for each week come out I have forgotten about the game and who I voted for. I would much rather see the results at the end of each week. It interests me more to see how aligned my views are with the others on here.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    I don't know how to vote via the phone?

Please cast your vote for TLM Round 1, Swans vs Power

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    I actually quite like voting each week.. I like the process of thinking through who deserves the votes. I must admit to not being that interested in the overall winner and by the time the results for each week come out I have forgotten about the game and who I voted for. I would much rather see the results at the end of each week. It interests me more to see how aligned my views are with the others on here.
    I think that's a really interesting suggestion which I support. It would be like the AFL coaches votes which are published on the Monday after each round. But in RWO voting each week's results could perhaps be announced at the end of the week just before the next round starts.

RWO could still aggregate at the end for an overall TLM winner.

I vote every week, but I think the medal is a waste of time unless the results are known BEFORE the official Swans Best and Fairest night. That way we can compare how we voted compared to the coaches, as it happens.

Warming the Bench
    I understand if you close it down but hope it continues, I look forward to seeing the winner at the end of the season and comparing it to the B & F and Brownlow.

Warming the Bench
    I hope it continues, enjoy voting each week and the end of season countdown
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

It won't be closed. I did enjoy putting it all together; yes, it was a lot of work BUT the template is set so it will be quicker next time. I agree with Ludwig, it would be better if it's wrapped up before B&F. I'll just manage my time a bit better and prepare some rounds well in advance. I think you would enjoy the count if there were a few rounds posted each night, and you take the time to check out the stats/highlights etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I think that's a really interesting suggestion which I support. It would be like the AFL coaches votes which are published on the Monday after each round. But in RWO voting each week's results could perhaps be announced at the end of the week just before the next round starts.

RWO could still aggregate at the end for an overall TLM winner.
    Happy to give it a try for this year, why not? Unless there are strenuous objections?

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    I don't know how to vote via the phone?
    Right, that's a tricky one. I'll take a look but if anyone knows, please post! This would be via tapatalk yes?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast