Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please cast your vote for TLM Round 1, Swans vs Power

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Happy to give it a try for this year, why not? Unless there are strenuous objections?
    One of the reasons that the leader was kept a secret was till the end of the season was to stop people "rigging" the result.

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Right, that's a tricky one. I'll take a look but if anyone knows, please post! This would be via tapatalk yes?
    No idea about this. I've tried to fix it but it is beyond my knowledge.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Not via tapatalk, just mobile browser.

FYI the site is blocked at work as social media so I can't input anything except via my phone. No big deal if it's an impossible task - I'm just more likely to vote if I can do it when I'm online at work on a Monday.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    One of the reasons that the leader was kept a secret was till the end of the season was to stop people "rigging" the result.
    Did/would people really do that? I think the benefits of a weekly count outweigh that risk. I like voting, but lose interest in the count a little bit because I cannot recall my impressions of the game. (I've tossed up making a record of my votes this year.)

I'd be really interested in a weekly count (including vote tallies) and would appreciate the effort involved.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Did/would people really do that? I think the benefits of a weekly count outweigh that risk. I like voting, but lose interest in the count a little bit because I cannot recall my impressions of the game. (I've tossed up making a record of my votes this year.)

I'd be really interested in a weekly count (including vote tallies) and would appreciate the effort involved.
    Maybe not now, but in the past it was likely.

Ludwig should have lost his motivation to do this now Tom Derickx is no longer playing!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Ludwig should have lost his motivation to do this now Tom Derickx is no longer playing!
    Hahahaha
    I'm sure he'd find a way to influence the vote!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I was very disappointed that Tom's name never appeared on the drop down list all last year. I know he didn't play a game, but I thought his contribution to victories by NOT being selected was underappreciated.

Things might have been so different. Just imagine. If Tom would have played every game last year, we might have missed the top 8 and saved us from the heartache of losing another Grand Final. We also would have finished down the ladder and been able to keep the pick we traded to Port Adelaide which they used to draft Sam Powell-Pepper, who would have been playing for us instead of them, kicking 2 goals for us instead of them, which probably would have been the difference to getting us over the line in Saturday's game. So his influence of not being selected last year even rolls over into this season.

TLM voting is not as simple as 1-2-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I was very disappointed that Tom's name never appeared on the drop down list all last year. I know he didn't play a game, but I thought his contribution to victories by NOT being selected was underappreciated.

Things might have been so different. Just imagine. If Tom would have played every game last year, we might have missed the top 8 and saved us from the heartache of losing another Grand Final. We also would have finished down the ladder and been able to keep the pick we traded to Port Adelaide which they used to draft Sam Powell-Pepper, who would have been playing for us instead of them, kicking 2 goals for us instead of them, which probably would have been the difference to getting us over the line in Saturday's game. So his influence of not being selected last year even rolls over into this season.

TLM voting is not as simple as 1-2-3.
    Oh, Ludwig: with a display of logic like that, I can only assume, that you're auditioning for a role in the Trump administration.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Oh, Ludwig: with a display of logic like that, I can only assume, that you're auditioning for a role in the Trump administration.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Maybe not now, but in the past it was likely.
    True.
    I do like the idea of the TLM being updated weekly. I find it hard to imagine these days there would be bunch of RWOer's (someone should be able to come up with a good collective noun for that) colluding to try and rig the result.
    BTW ... Voted!
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veteran Site Admin
    Rowers?

Senior Player
    Voted. I also would like to see progressive tallies, but I know it's time consuming.
    And maybe ROWers?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast