Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Rnd. 2. Western Bulldogs V Sydney Swans. 7.50 pm Etihad Stadium.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    ... although I think that may take a football being surgically attached to his skull.
    Oh come on Ludwig. where is the google image to go with that? I think you need to harden up your attack on the search engine!
    Surely you can do better than my attempt
    hqdefault.jpg
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

I'm having a very busy day. No time for searching for pics. I had to clean the filter on my air conditioner. I hope I have the energy to stay awake for the game.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Aliir in for Foote. Dogs no change

Will be interesting to see which of the back 7 gets pushed further up field. Probably Lloyd or Mills

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Aliir in for Foote. Dogs no change....
    Probably no surprise, surely if fit Aliir was always an in and Foote, despite a little surprising RWO support, really doesn't look like AFL standard at this stage.

Aliir in hardly changes us in the experience stakes! I'd like the Dogs emergencies to be in our starting 22! I really hope that our newbies can aquit themselves well as I think they are all getting a senior game before their time except probably Newman who deserves a go.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Aliir in for Foote. Dogs no change

Will be interesting to see which of the back 7 gets pushed further up field. Probably Lloyd or Mills
    I wondered if they'd spring an AA surprise having named him as an emergency, but couldn't imagine they'd de-debut a debutant to do so. Foote out AA in makes complete sense

Veterans List
    Longmire normally doesn't play games like this. It's strange why Aliir wasn't selected in the first place.

On the way to the ground now. Hopefully there is a long queue for collecting membership caps so I miss the flag unfurling!! Speaking of that there was an interesting conversation on the radio this morning about why they don't unfurl the flag the day after the gf at the family day when the players and all the supporters are present. It makes more sense to me.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    umpires are Jacob Mollison, Shaun Ryan and Brendan Hosking.

Do these umpires like us? I wonder if there are any tweaks to the new rules for ruck contests after last nights game.
    No umpires like us. I hope we give them the welcome they deserve when they walk onto the ground.

Looking forward to tonight's match. I hope we can bring the fury (aka the spirit of Brett Kirk) to every contest. Is the pain of losing the G.F. still there? Has Horse changed some tactics? How will our debutants go? Will we unearth another Paps? Will Sammy kick a ton to celebrate his 100th? Will Millsy run through the mids now that AA is back in the squad? Will Parker, Hannas, Joey, Jones and co. smash a few puppies?

Free kick count - nearest to the pin.

My tip is 21-16 in favour of the Bulldogs. Of course we are going to get screwed as we all know but I think the umpires will be aware that they can't screw us over to the extent like they did in the GF.

Forgot about the umpires.
    Don't know why I'm forcing myself to watch this game tonight.
    Some form of sadism I guess

- - - Updated - - -

Bruce McAveney already laying it on thick.
    Horrible stuff

Do they normally show the unfurling of the flag? Bloody theives!

It's such a nice gesture allowing the GF umpires to unfurl the premiership flag.

However we do tonight, I'm looking forward to seeing all these young Swannies play.

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast