Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849 LastLast

Thread: Match Day Rnd. 2. Western Bulldogs V Sydney Swans. 7.50 pm Etihad Stadium.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by goods78 View Post
    Yes....what's the question??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thought the question was obvious - and you replied "yes".

Based on your reply - must try & get access to sports ears - would be very interesting.

Veterans List
    I thought all sides come out aggressive at the first bounce.

I still can't believe we lost the 4th qtr last weekend against the Dogs

Up by a few points with 10 to go

Reid and bud missed goals as well reaching the lead.......Reid right in front

Could have been 15 pt lead with 10mins to go

Ahhhhhhh

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    I still can't believe we lost the 4th qtr last weekend against the Dogs

Up by a few points with 10 to go

Reid and bud missed goals as well reaching the lead.......Reid right in front

Could have been 15 pt lead with 10mins to go

Ahhhhhhh
    Yes, I was seriously deflated when Reid missed that one from virtually dead in front, the pessimist in me said the Dogs will get the next goal now and so it was......and gone with it, our momentum.

Veterans List
    Gee we miss Heeney's hardness, agility and skill.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by 56-14 View Post
    Thought the question was obvious - and you replied "yes".

Based on your reply - must try & get access to sports ears - would be very interesting.
    Sorry - I thought you were getting at something else.

I really like listening to them at the game and knowing what is going on at the coalface.

Knowing in advance when a ball is about to be payed deliberate out of bounds etc is great.

The club should be recording these microphones as it could be a great coaching tool or used in please explains to the umpiring departments.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by goods78 View Post

The club should be recording these microphones as it could be a great coaching tool or used in please explains to the umpiring departments.

I fear with the current crop of umpires the coaches and players would still be none the wiser........

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I fear with the current crop of umpires the coaches and players would still be none the wiser........
    I would imagine that the Swans are putting together a review of the umpiring after each game and would be seeking clarification on questionable decisions from the AFL. I don't think any of this is filtering through from the top dogs to the umpires.

It is interesting the chat between them in terms of encouragement for good decisions, who is going in for the controlling umpire etc.

One aspect of new rule that is driving me nuts is the umpires at every contest asking for the rucks to put their hands up to nominate ruck. It's like under 7's!

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Picken played it perfectly, I think it was just his footy smarts more than any specific briefing or coaching - slowed up enough to gave the ump the opportunity to say 'not under immediate pressure', but close enough so that he would have pounced had Mills taken possession.

........ Zak Jones was a classic example where you just have to make a fake attaempt to get the ball out, and the ump will ball it up.
    I'm not disagreeing with you, but the (AFL sponsored) message is that faking a contest is actually more valuable and better rewarded than actually contesting. The game has reached a really awful low ebb, courtesy of that prize @@@@@@@@.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Exactly Velour. Imagine if Picken was penalised for gaming the umpires. Free to Mills! That would soon get things happening.

I must say I thought mills made no real effort

A real lack of awareness

It was a great example of not looking over ur shoulders multiple times so u can give urself the best opportunity to make the right decision
    Ie he didn't even look over his shoulder prior to getting the ball

It was see ball get ball
    It was see the boundary go to the boundary

Unfortunately I think mills has really struggled in general last two weeks along with a few other players also

I'm sure the kid will bounce back this week but under the intensity of the last two games his anticipation and speed and decision making is below par

Cmon millsie give it to the pies

Be ruthless !!

Ps Newman, swampy being there again in the backs and mills playing a significant portion as a high back not many kick ins and a reasonable amount up behind the middle of the field contests indicates to me the swans want him more in the midfield and finding more solutions for the backs

For me I liken Mills future role o a Luke hodge role controlling the midfield and HB line re direction , positioning and impacting where needed
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 7th April 2017 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with you, but the (AFL sponsored) message is that faking a contest is actually more valuable and better rewarded than actually contesting. The game has reached a really awful low ebb, courtesy of that prize @@@@@@@@.
    Spot on Velour - which is an utterly ridiculous outcome and not good at all for the game.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."