Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post

If team selection were based primarily on who plays like they want it the most, I nominate Edwards as next cab of the rank. If it is based on who has the skillset that looks most likely to be able to sustain a senior AFL career, I'd have Dawson on top. He had another injury interrupted pre-season, however, so I imagine the coaching group will need to be convinced he has a sufficient fitness base before he gets his shot.
There is an all too short video of the game highlights on the Swans website. There were a few good patches of play from Edwards in the video. 29 disposals and a big 10 tackles should get him a gig in the seniors. I think he would be a better choice than Fox, who still looks tentative, but a promising prospect once he builds his confidence. And how good would it be to see the number 19 back out on the SCG.

I can't wait for Dawson to get a senior game. Our forward line would be quite daunting with so many players who can nail goals from outside 50 on a regular basis. Both Dawson and Hayward easily make the distance and are strong contested marks. Rohan and Papley can also hit them from beyond 50. One of the things I like about Dawson is that he can have an impact all over the ground. He can play through the midfield as well as help out in defence.