Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 3 V Collingwood

This is the sort of team that the Swans will have for the next couple of years. So much of the salary cap is concentrated on 6 top players and it does not leave much for experienced mid range players (Mitchell, Malceski, Bird, Mumford, Everitte, White,).

We will be relying on rookies and inexperienced players to carry the load that other clubs mid range experienced players do.

We have essentially the same set up as GWS had in 2012 although our top experienced players (Franklin, Kennedy, Parker, Hannas, Tippett, Grundy, Rampe and Reid) are far better than their experienced players in 2012.

we will win this and beat wet toast, giants are a 60/50

Regular in the Side
    UMPIRES: Sam@Hay@(20),@Mathew@Nicholls@(15),@ Matt@Stevic@(9) . Nothing has changed!

Veteran Site Admin
    I notice that Edwards is named as an emergency, meaning they must have nominated Fox to take over AJ's spot on the list. He was originally promoted for Papley, but he was taken off the LTIL this week. I thought maybe they'd demoted Edwards but clearly not.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    UMPIRES: Sam@Hay@(20),@Mathew@Nicholls@(15),@ Matt@Stevic@(9) . Nothing has changed!
    At least its not that #16 fool.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Stevic is just as bad if not worse. He has crucified us in the games he has umpired.

i dont agree JR

I see serious young talent coming thru at a rate of knots
    I see experienced leaders who will not have 3 bad games in a row. Last week was an improvement and 3 weeks down on form would not be acceptable
    I see a middle group of players stepping up and rising to the challenge
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    At least its not that #16 fool.
    I'm starting to think that whatever his name is, will always be known on these pages as that number 16 (insert your choice of disparaging term). I did look up his name, but it just doesn't seem right to use it.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    And to put it into perspective, it has become clear that we can't blame him for Callum's error.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    Damning article on the AFL website this morning saying stats show our forward line is a misfiring mess. Reid & Buddy's sparkling form covering up how bad it is. Forward efficiency just 44%, worst in the comp.

So much potential, so little efficiency and method.

Senior Player
    Not really surprised, our mids are down and our backs are less experienced than ever. The ball coming in hasn't been clean. We are missing 4 of our top 5 goal kickers from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I'm starting to think that whatever his name is, will always be known on these pages as that number 16 (insert your choice of disparaging term). I did look up his name, but it just doesn't seem right to use it.
    On what he showed over the first two weeks, he doesn't deserve to be referred to anything but that idiot #16....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    Stevic is just as bad if not worse. He has crucified us in the games he has umpired.
    True Swanny, but its usually been in games against the Wees and Poos or fairypuppies. Nicholls isn't much chop at times either, but at least they are senior umpires, not some unknown.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast