Thread: Poor Old Ross Lyon........ :)

Veterans List

Poor Old Ross Lyon........ :)

I almost feel sorry for our former assistant coach, Ross Lyon. Can't win a trick at the moment......a great coach who looks like he won't ever taste the ultimate success. He's gone so close, a point not lost on Titus O'Reilly......... "Ross Lyon: I can lead Dockers to almost winning Premiership again" Ross Lyon has reacted to Fremantle�s poor start by assuring Dockers fans that he can again take a team to falling just short of a premiership.

�I�ve got faith in our processes, our list management and my coaching ability to ensure Fremantle lose a Grand Final before the end of my contract,� said Lyon.

�It hasn�t been a great start but building a team capable of almost winning a premiership takes time. Rest assured, our aim is to nearly deliver a flag to long-suffering Dockers fans.�

Fremantle player Zac Dawson has backed Lyon as the man to get the club agonisingly close to a Premiership.

�Ross has the game plan that can get you almost all the way,� said Dawson.

�We as a club have all bought into Project Bridesmaid, as we�re calling it, and I�m teaching the younger guys how to be almost good enough.�

Fremantle captain Nat Fyfe said he hoped to play in Fremantle�s next Grand Final.

�Not for them, for the winning team. I�m really excited.�

Again, great stuff from one of the keenest and funniest observers in footy, Titus O. My prediction is that the Dockers will languish at or near the bottom this year, Ross will move on and never coach again unless as an assistant......again! A bit sad. Is he contracted for next year?
    Last edited by stevoswan; 5th April 2017 at 06:42 PM.

Re: is Ross Lyon contracted for next year.?

Well yes - and beyond. In a move most people found very odd, in March 2016 Freo gave Lyon a contract extension which takes him to the end of 2020.

It is going to be very expensive for Freo to sever their relationship with Lyon in the short term.

Veterans List
    I'm sure he signed a 5 year contract extension before the start of last season.

I don't have any sympathy for him after the way he up and left St Kilda.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Ah yes, the five year extension.....it's all coming back to me now. As for sympathy, I did say 'almost'.