Thread: GWS getting better government sponsorship than us

GWS getting better government sponsorship than us

I've just read an article in the smh that West Connex is now sponsoring the GWS Giants. Can someone post the article for me.

Are the Swans being sponsored by the government authority building the Eastern Suburbs Tram Lines?

The Swans probably deserve some sponsorship considering the construction has severely impacted our training oval.

Ludicrous!

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Ridge View Post
    I've just read an article in the smh that West Connex is now sponsoring the GWS Giants. Can someone post the article for me.

Are the Swans being sponsored by the government authority building the Eastern Suburbs Tram Lines?

The Swans probably deserve some sponsorship considering the construction has severely impacted our training oval.

Ludicrous!
    And Stuart Ayres, the peanut Sports Minister and West Connex Minister (how the hell are those two roles bundled together) who distinguished himself with incompetence during the "Stadium Wars" by wanting to spend a billion on dollars and take public space to replace stadium that cannot even semi-regularly get to 50% of it's capacity. Stuart Ayres apparently accepted GWS Corporate Hospitality SIXTENN FREAKING TIMES before deciding this spend was somehow in the public interest.

We don't deserve a dime but this is a disgraceful use of taxpayer dollars.

Westconnex Minister Stuart Ayres accused of conflict of interest over GWS Giants sponsorship

I think I'm right in saying this dill used to play for Penrith Rams

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    And Stuart Ayres, the peanut Sports Minister and West Connex Minister (how the hell are those two roles bundled together) who distinguished himself with incompetence during the "Stadium Wars" by wanting to spend a billion on dollars and take public space to replace stadium that cannot even semi-regularly get to 50% of it's capacity. Stuart Ayres apparently accepted GWS Corporate Hospitality SIXTENN FREAKING TIMES before deciding this spend was somehow in the public interest.

We don't deserve a dime but this is a disgraceful use of taxpayer dollars.

Westconnex Minister Stuart Ayres accused of conflict of interest over GWS Giants sponsorship

I think I'm right in saying this dill used to play for Penrith Rams
    I think Ayres played over 300 games and is a life member of the Rams. The Concord Giants have had significant investment in a new ground (St Luke's Oval) from money flowing from the West Connex. The West Connex took some of the Concord parklands in exchange for developing playing fields around the site.

It's overall a good thing that the sports minister is an AFL guy. The bad thing is that Ayres is marketing himself as the champion of the Western Surburbs.

I stand corrected on what I said earlier. The Swans are sponsored by Transport NSW.

Veterans List
    Oh, silly blind me, I didn't realise that GWS had an "interest" in western Sydney!

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Oh, silly blind me, I didn't realise that GWS had an "interest" in western Sydney!
    No idea where you are coming from with that sarcastic comment but JR's comment, quite possibly our of context on a football forum as usual, was about the ethics of the West Connex sponsorship.

Good on GWS for searching for sponsorship dollars wherever they get them but it fails the most basic sniff test in terms of whether it has any commercial basis or benefits.