Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toby Nankervis

Warming the Bench

Toby Nankervis

According to the AFL site Nankervis is being looked at by other clubs at best I think we would get a late 2nd or 3rd round pick for him.

Rival clubs circling big Swan Toby Nankervis - AFL.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie View Post
    According to the AFL site Nankervis is being looked at by other clubs at best I think we would get a late 2nd or 3rd round pick for him.

Rival clubs circling big Swan Toby Nankervis - AFL.com.au
    I don't see the point in spending all this time developing the big lumbering Taswegian only to flog him off for a pittance.

Horse is on the record for saying he prefers a deep stock of ruckmen so I'd say that unless Toby wants out we will keep him. He's only young and ruckmen take time

Veterans List
    Yep, 29 news articles on the AFL website today. Pick a name, any name, for tomorrows news. Circling indeed; only mentioned at the end that 5 clubs were in need of a ruckman. Pick a name, any name....

Heeney also being offered big bucks by some other club according to the news last night...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Heeney also being offered big bucks by some other club according to the news last night...
    If your job is recruiting at an AFL club other than the Swans, and you haven't at least called Isaac's manager to enquire if he's interested in lots of money, then you're probably not going to have that job for too long.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Absolutely.
    Apparently $750,000 p/y five year deal has been thrown around.
    Which would imply that the Swans may have to come into that realm at a very early point of his career.
    I've noticed the Swans players been talked about a lot in the news recently, contacted or not.
    Gonna be a fair job locking in all our stars. Good problem to have I guess...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Absolutely.
    I've noticed the Swans players been talked about a lot in the news recently, contacted or not.
    Gonna be a fair job locking in all our stars. Good problem to have I guess...
    not a good problem to have when your paying two blokes close to a mill each and they are both 29 or older
    and your yet to resign josh kennedy and tom mitchell

i'd be lying if i wasnt abit concerned about loosing some guns

Toby Nankervis

Quote Originally Posted by azzzr View Post
    not a good problem to have when your paying two blokes close to a mill each and they are both 29 or older
    and your yet to resign josh kennedy and tom mitchell

i'd be lying if i wasnt abit concerned about loosing some guns
    Josh Kennedy is contracted till end 2017 so it's a bit early to be raising concerns that he might be on the move.

I think given tipped age and ruckmen are so injury riddled ........and when most emerging ruckmen are truly ready it would be in Toby's interest to stay and fight it out with Sinclair , sammy and the Tip

But a swans Mumford offer may come along ala when mummy was at the cats

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Josh Kennedy is contracted till end 2017 so it's a bit early to be raising concerns that he might be on the move.
    I'm sure the Hawks forum were saying the same thing about buddy, but maybe I'm just pessimistic

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    I think given tipped age and ruckmen are so injury riddled ........and when most emerging ruckmen are truly ready it would be in Toby's interest to stay and fight it out with Sinclair , sammy and the Tip

But a swans Mumford offer may come along ala when mummy was at the cats
    I can't see Toby getting an outrageous bid. Sure if we axed him someone would pick him up but for us I'd say he is most definitely a required player and I just can't see him moving at this stage.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I would hope we keep him and that he wants to stay.
    He seems to me to be a footballer.
    He may not be able to run like Dean Cox (but then he was a great ruckman) but he does seem to read the game well and be happy to use his body appropriately. I have faith our staff will get the most out of him and he can prove worthy of many a senior game.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast