Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Rnd. 3 Sydney V Collingwood. 7.50pm SCG

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    That is the worst quarter of football I can remember for a long, long time. Absolutely @@@@ing insipid.

Why have we spent the whole of 2017 playing about 5 steps behind our man and conceding marks on almost every lead.

Absolutely @@@@ing insipid. They need an almighty rocket up the arse at quarter time.
    Jake Lloyd had a big look when he dropped that mark in the back pocket.

Senior Player
    They need to have a go. Get in first, fight for the ball, it's not going to win itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    we are playing poorly but why wasn't that a free for HTB against Mayne. Took 3 steps and got nailed.
    Because as usual there is completely inconsistency in interpretation going on.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Slow, soft and poor skills. Can it get any worse?

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    what is wrong?? Tackling is extremely poor, Collingwood players always get arms free. Lose players everywhere!! No system or cohesion. Are they Interested??

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    we are playing poorly but why wasn't that a free for HTB against Mayne. Took 3 steps and got nailed.
    Yes, and we got pinged thirty seconds later, after handballing it away.

Quote Originally Posted by mpr104 View Post
    23-2 inside 50s speaks volumes for our ability and endeavour.
    Being outpressured and beaten to the ball. Could get very ugly if this continues

Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    No man on man defence. Standing in zones marking fresh air. 2nd to everything. Turning back into trouble.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Add to that the absolute obsession with playing on. I can remember 5 or 6 occasions in that quarter where we got the ball in our back 50, and instead of trying to evaluate options, just played on regardless. Turned it over every time pretty much.... there is a time and place for that, and its not when you are under siege.

Where are our experienced guys - they are non-existent in large parts so far.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Matt Stevic, need I say more? However, if anything the umpires have favoured us tonight. No complaints here.

Collingwood have 23-2 inside 50's, more disposals and more tackles. That means that the Swans have been LAZY. If they have the ball more we MUST have more tackles. Pathetic, Sydney.

Regular in the Side

"Why to negativity

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Crikey! Why to negativity? We often start the season off poorly, especially after playing in a GF. I'm sill confident.
    Simply because that was the worst quarter of football, against ordinary opposition, and notwithstanding our younger players, that I have ever seen the Swans play. Appeared totally disinterested and inept.

Sweet Caroline to the rescue?

Quote Originally Posted by mpr104 View Post
    There is no way they can win playing as they are. Collingwood's field licking has been sublime and ours pathetic.
    Not hard to have sublime field 'licking' when you are consistently getting uncontested attempts to mark. We are consistently 5 metres behind on the lead, conceding the mark. Why the hell are we doing that?

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast