Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Rnd. 3 Sydney V Collingwood. 7.50pm SCG

Match Day Rnd. 3 Sydney V Collingwood. 7.50pm SCG

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.JPGCapture4.JPGCapture5.JPG

Hanners and Parks to have 35+ Swans by 26pts. Go Swannies!

Unlike many who are very nervous about today I am quietly confident. I think Dawson will be a very good addition to the side. I know we are a young side but I think that talent is standing up. We need the older players to step up to the plate.

We need full contribution from all players. The other thing is we really need to clean up our forward entries and our forward set up. I realise the forward set up is a work in progress due to the players not having played together but they need to start gelling and soon. The older players need to lift their heads, trust the young blokes, and stop just kicking to Reid & Bud. If we manage to get the mix right and the delivery is guided and efficient we will win well. But in saying this our mids must lift to a much higher standard than theyvhave delivered so far.

Last week I saw young mids stranded with no options because none of our experienced players were running past providing that ootion. They were standing on the opposite sidecof the contest just waiting for it to happen. Hewett, Florent & Fox were all put in this situation by players who should have known better. We need to clean up that crap.

I believe players like Parker, Jack, Hannas, Smithy, Reg & to a lesser extent Joey will not be as bad as they have been in the first two rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Unlike many who are very nervous about today I am quietly confident. I think Dawson will be a very good addition to the side. I know we are a young side but I think that talent is standing up. We need the older players to step up to the plate.

We need full contribution from all players. The other thing is we really need to clean up our forward entries and our forward set up. I realise the forward set up is a work in progress due to the players not having played together but they need to start gelling and soon. The older players need to lift their heads, trust the young blokes, and stop just kicking to Reid & Bud. If we manage to get the mix right and the delivery is guided and efficient we will win well. But in saying this our mids must lift to a much higher standard than theyvhave delivered so far.

Last week I saw young mids stranded with no options because none of our experienced players were running past providing that ootion. They were standing on the opposite sidecof the contest just waiting for it to happen. Hewett, Florent & Fox were all put in this situation by players who should have known better. We need to clean up that crap.

I believe players like Parker, Jack, Hannas, Smithy, Reg & to a lesser extent Joey will not be as bad as they have been in the first two rounds.
    Agree with what you've said here Wolftone. I am nervous about tonight's game though, but hopefully our experienced guys can lift for us and make a real difference. I am looking forward to seeing Jordan Dawson make his debut - the kid has a great kick on him and potentially could develop into a really useful player for us in time.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

It's spelt @@@@ingwood.

Swans by 62
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Opti-pessi-misti
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Swans by 62
    I'd like to see that!

Predicting outcomes have a habit of biting your backside, however I'm also sure we can put some good space on the score board against the Pies who don't appear settled under Bucks for whatever reason .
    We went OK against the premiers and they would have trained hard as this week at home. Port were on fire and I think they will beat Adelaide.

Yes, feeling pretty confident on this one. I do think that we have definite advantages on a few key position match ups. In our forward line, if Ben Reid tries to nullify his brother, then that means that Collingwood have a choice of two poor options to guard Buddy. It's either Henry Schade, who Collingwood rookie listed, after he was delisted by the Suns, or Goldsack, who doesn't really have the pace to keep up with Buddy. On the other end of the ground, it's probable that Aliir will go to Darcy Moore. While this is the first, of probably many future match ups, I do expect that Aliir will get the better of the duel. Which leaves Reg to take on the big Jesse. I'll be very surprised if Reg doesn't get the better of that one. And if Smith goes to Fasolo, I expect him to also win that contest.
    And a few other things that I think have a reasonable chance of happening. Buddy is currently on 795 career goals, sometime tonight, the commentators might be getting excited about his 800th. With the ball going into our forward line on a regular basis, Hayward might crumb a few. And finally, Swans by 50.
    Oh, and maybe Dawson to kick a goal with his first kick in the AFL.

What sort of a welcome did the scumpires get from the crowd?

Senior Player
    Go Swannies! I'm very nervous but I have faith in them. Hoping that Hanners has an absolute ripper and gets back into some form.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Wow. Mills is way off..

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    The Swans have barely touched it. Not impressed so far, lucky not to be down further.

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast