Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Media Onslaught

Media Onslaught

Yes it's coming. The media onslaught.

Rohan, Heeney, Papley, McGlynn, Tippett, Rampe, Mitchell, McVeigh all missing from tonight's squad.

I am not worried one bit. Yes we might suffer this year. But next year, look out with a fit and full squad.

Stuff the media. I know this club is in good hands. Collingwood only beat us by a point and they had every single player available tonight.

They are a shocking football side.
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Warming the Bench
    You can't include Mitchell and McGlynn, they ain't coming back.
    They deserve all the criticsm they get, to come out and serve up that dross in the 1st quarter in an important game is pretty poor to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    Stuff the media. I know this club is in good hands. Collingwood only beat us by a point and they had every single player available tonight.

They are a shocking football side.
    Wells, Elliot?
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gumby_bolts View Post
    They deserve all the criticsm they get, to come out and serve up that dross in the 1st quarter in an important game is pretty poor to say the least.
    Yep I agree with this in terms of that 1st quarter. That was close to the worst quarter of football I can remember for a very long while from us (I'm sure there are equally bad quarters along the way in recent years) - but it really was a terrible start, and we never recovered from that really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    I am not worried one bit. Yes we might suffer this year. But next year, look out with a fit and full squad.

If we can keep the young guys coming through together (Heeney, Mills, Papley, Jones, Hayward, Newman etc), then we are building a damn good rump of the 'next generation' to carry us forward to bright times ahead.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Yep I agree with this in terms of that 1st quarter. That was close to the worst quarter of football I can remember for a very long while from us (I'm sure there are equally bad quarters along the way in recent years) - but it really was a terrible start, and we never recovered from that really.
    We hit the front in the last quarter. I'd say we recovered, we just couldn't maintain it.

All media will blame our injury list. I can't wait for the Freo parallels to be drawn...
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Speaking of media, that ungodly ranga from geelong in the commentary box made a deliberate point of high lighting every dubious free kick given to the swans. It was a attempt to discredit our umpiring complaints. And we still lost the free kick count.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by churry View Post
    Wells, Elliot?
    Wells......LOL! He's more fragile than Tipp.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Speaking of media, that ungodly ranga from geelong in the commentary box made a deliberate point of high lighting every dubious free kick given to the swans. It was a attempt to discredit our umpiring complaints. And we still lost the free kick count.
    I agree. The 'subconcious' prejudice against our club goes from the top through to the umpires and even down to the knobs who televise the game to the masses. Ling is a prime example of how this prejudice is catching on......

I was getting pretty sick of Bruce Wankervaney last night continually bemoaning how important it was for Collingwood to win. I think it was more important for us win being supposedly contenders.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Burra View Post
    I was getting pretty sick of Bruce Wankervaney last night continually bemoaning how important it was for Collingwood to win. I think it was more important for us win being supposedly contenders.
    Bruce's discussion was based on the pressure that Nathan Buckley was feeling. John Longmire still has three seasons after 2017 left on his contract. Buckley is in his final contracted season.

The media probably think the Swans are in a little rut and will improve in the next six weeks with better players returing from injury.

Bevo may rejig forward line after Freo frustration - M.afl.com.au

Exhibit A

Dogs loosing against Freeo !!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast