Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 4 - West Coast

Senior Player
    I think Dawson is worth sticking with - at least until Heeney comes back and that he'd have at least one week in the NEAFL I'd think. Dawson does have elite level kicking skills - something we are not overly blessed with.

Chambers should be our last roll of the dice for ruckmen. He drops marks he should take and never imposes himself on the game. Bring in Cameron for a run in his home state. We miss Papley SO MUCH!!!

Senior Player
    As sad as it is it will now be a struggle to make the top 8. Our only hope is that we win a few of the 50/50 games like last night along the way. Basically we need to win 12 of the next 19 games to have a chance of finals.

Having said that it is encouraging to see the young guys competing so well.

My changes:
    OUT: Sinclair, Dawson
    IN: Tippett, Cameron

I say we keep the debutants coming. Cameron has shown he is a decent contested mark and Sinclair doesn't provide that.

I know some may say that's a bit tall but the young smalls are doing well. If one of them is a bit sore then I would consider Papley to replace them if he is fit.

I think heeney will still be another week away and he will come in for foote.

Senior Player
    Unless we get close to a full side back, it is going to be a nasty one-sided affair next week. WC by at least 6 goals based on last nights performance. I hope Horse focuses on winning the footy this week during training.

Warming the Bench
    Cameron/Tippett for Sinclair and Edwards for Foote.

Hopefully Papley back in the NEAFL next week then seniors week after

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Apparently dicks isn't covered in the swear filter... apologies.
    That would be because of the Swqans supposed no dickhead policy, apparently making some language ok here, while other words are not.
    Not sure how there can be an exception to this rule....
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

On the veteran's list
    [/QUOTE] Bag of Richards in the future please.[/QUOTE]

We had two last year but one retired and the other one shot himself in the foot!
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Senior Player
    I reckon Heeney will return, based on Harley's comments midweek.

OUT: Sinclair, Dawson
    IN: Tippett, Heeney.

We can win.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Horrendous post. Absolutely terrible.

Fortunately you have numbered your ideas which makes it somewhat easier to respond:

1.Smith..Smith...SMITH - I don't have a response to this, xx xxxx x xxx xx xxxxx. Smith is the most underrated player in the comp.
    2. Foote was unimpressive, but there isn't much in the shop.
    3.Marsh was in the best.
    4. Sinclair did what was required.. I'd like to see Cameron, but Sinclair did what was expected.
    5.Parker???, seriously...?
    6. Naismith??? Not on board with any of your opinions (aside from Foote)

xx xxxx x xxx xx xxxxx. The unfortunate thing of posting on a website such as this is your opinions are held in perpetuity. As Areatha said - Think...

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently dicks isn't covered in the swear filter... apologies.
    Horrendous post. Absolutely deluded. I'm not sure what you can 'suck' on, maybe a 'wowwy pop'.....Smith is under rated, but is also playing crap footy atm, Foote continues to be unimpressive, enough to show he is possibly not good enough at this level, Marsh IS getting better and may be good enough, yes, Sinclair did what was expected.....to drop marks and kick terribly, Parker IS a shell of his former self and needs to improve his impact......this is OBVIOUS!!, and Naismith is average at best atm, Nanka would deliver far more around the ground. SO, you're silly post is now also 'held in perpetuity' and you'll have to live with it. xxxx xx xxxx...........xxxx.
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 10th April 2017 at 01:20 PM. Reason: quote text edited

It's hard to get a good read on where we are due to all the injured played out, but we might as well get the most out of this adversity and use it as an opportunity to plan for the future.

We simply don't have enough experienced players to play as a well coordinated unit. Our defence doesn't have the players to cover for mistakes and we are get caught out too easily. We're not seeing Rampe flying back to the goal line to take a mark and save a goal. Not enough players know where to go to build a chain of passes leading to a goal. Young players find it hard enough just trying to hold down their own role, let alone covering for others, or anticipating where the play is going. But there a some good signs that the players are here that will be able to do that as they gain experience.

We aren't used to seeing the Swans in this kind of position. I'm not happy about, but what can I do but accept the facts as they stand. We were outplayed in all 3 games this year. We got close to Collingwood, but the would have been unlucky if they lost. They killed us in most categories. We are likely to go 0-5, but should get a reasonable run in the middle part of the fixture and if we get our injured players back, without losing new ones, we could put on a good run and be in a position to make the eight.

As for next week, I would like to see Cameron come in for Sinclair, who I agree is useless. Naismith is a good ruckman, but his ball handling needs a lot of work. We probably have to stick with him, but if Tippett is okay, I wouldn't mind seeing what a Tippett-Cameron combo could do.

I would stick with most of the youngsters at this stage. Agree that Foote should go back to the reserves. Perhaps Rose can come in. The Reserves game is being broadcast and we can have a look at who's doing well.

[QUOTE=Ludwig;721060]It's hard to get a good read on where we are due to all the injured played out, but we might as well get the most out of this adversity and use it as an opportunity to plan for the future.

We simply don't have enough experienced players....

Well said. Be good to get Heeney, Rampe and Tippet back but I'm pretty happy to see the kids get a go and us let go the more experienced cohort of fringe players who don't have the same potential upside - Towers etc.

Losing shouldn't be too surprising with so many sub 30 game players. GWS had a handful of senior players and a bunch of kids and lost by 100 points every other week. There is a tipping point where we will lose to mediocre teams like Collingwood if we field a team with so many gaps. But anyway I'll still enjoy this year no matter what - at worst I'll look forward too see Hayward and Newman and others develop. But we will win games

I simply cannot see how we can keep Foote in the team except nobody can fill his spot, he does work hard but I think he is a squad player at very best, I really see very little to like about him. Heeney in if possible

Tippet for Sinclair is the only one that stands out.

Dawson was quiet for mine but deserves a second chance. Really pleased to see Newman in particular and Fox to a lesser extent looking at home at AFL level

Veterans List
    Both the eagles and the giants have been inaccurate in front of goal so far today. What's the bet they kick straight against us??

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast