Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 4 - West Coast

I think this is an extremely even afl distribution of talent this season

No eAsy games and therefore the potential for a lot of so called "up sets"

I have been chicken little re our back line being faster and more mobile to adjust to the style of the game evolving and benefiting from electric backlines breaking games open

I think it is being attended to and a work in progress with some more play making backs featuring in our top 22

Midfield not there yet

Not as dominant and ferocious in all parts of our game

Injuries a real killer massive factor

Bud and Reid had some fairly easy missed opportunities in the second qtr which would had changed the momentum and put us even or in front earlier in the 2nd qtr

I think we then could have pulled away but we left them with the sniff of victory

I'm guessing we will loose 8 to 9 games

Only 3 of them so far

We will be there at the end

Tippet in - Sinclair out
    Edwards in - Foote the boot

The cavalry should arrive the week after Heeney, Papley, Rohan.

Cheers

Waz

Out - Sinclair, Foote

In - Tippet, Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
    Tippet in - Sinclair out
    Edwards in - Foote the boot
    Well, that's assuming Tippett can get his Foote in his boot by next Thursday. That was a bad ankle roll (I winced when I watched the replay) and his foot would have been swollen and bruised and very painful. Pity it is a Thursday match - if he had till the weekend it would make a lot of difference. I know they will give an injection if he does play, but still ......

Paps for Foote
    Cameron for sinclair

So far all three teams we have played have tried to keep the ball alive as much as possible ie play ons galore

All 3 teams have played a style to not let us get the game on our terms and I think that all rule changes are making it very challenging to lock it in at a contest

Free flowing footy is the antidote to a team who wants to lock it in and break fast on their terms

So do we have a team this week that can match speed with speed ?

Warming the Bench
    Anyone know the situation with Isaac?
    (Club website has him at 2 weeks - dated 27 Mar.)

Is he actually training? If so, at what level?

I'm being a pessimist here - think it might be somewhat longer than 2 weeks.
    (Hope I'm wrong.)

Suspended by the MRP
    Out - Sinclair, Dawson
    In - Cameron / Tippett and Rose

Rose has played some good games at senior level (GWS 2015, GWS 2016 and Gold Coast 2016).
    He would produce more forward pressure than Dawson and could combine well with Florent and Haywood.

I'm not understanding the negativity towards Foote. He goes in hard, tackes well and I remember a couple of times where he kept his feet well.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Paps for Foote
    Cameron for sinclair

So far all three teams we have played have tried to keep the ball alive as much as possible ie play ons galore

All 3 teams have played a style to not let us get the game on our terms and I think that all rule changes are making it very challenging to lock it in at a contest

Free flowing footy is the antidote to a team who wants to lock it in and break fast on their terms

So do we have a team this week that can match speed with speed ?
    Watching other games today it looks like we will have a lot more time to dispose of the footy from now on. In the Geelong/Melbourne game there was identical free as given against Jones for playing on. At least they have been consistent.

Out - Those who can be, and deserve to be, replaced by better players who are fit and ready to play
    In - The aforementioned better players

If no players fit the above criteria, no changes.

In all seriousness, we'll need run on that ground. We also need height, or a tactic to counteract it like Richmond used today.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

I saw Longmires press conf and I think he said Heeney is training but probably needs a reserves game he seemed more positive on Papley but I thought he indicated the only injured player under consideration to come back in this week was Tippet.

Cheers

Waz

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Well, that's assuming Tippett can get his Foote in his boot by next Thursday. That was a bad ankle roll (I winced when I watched the replay) and his foot would have been swollen and bruised and very painful. Pity it is a Thursday match - if he had till the weekend it would make a lot of difference. I know they will give an injection if he does play, but still ......
    Haha I see what you did there

Cheers

There are a lot of players that were getting games in the last 2 years, that have been overlooked/dropped in favour of youngsters - Cunningham, Towers, BJ, Rose. Not sure what to make of that? I'd be happy to never see Towers play for the Swans again. Cunningham is only ever going to be a fringe player, BJ and Rose aren't even being named as emergencies, so I don't understand why they are being kept on the list. On the basis that none of those four are better than the newbies who played against the Pies I would say:

OUT - Sinclair who seems to permanently have butter fingers.
    IN - Tippett or failing that Cameron

I can only see the kids being displaced by Heeney, Papley etc when they return, which won't be this week I don't think :-(

I am enjoying watching Hawthorn being annihilated by Gold Coast. Feels like 2017 will be a year of change.

I wonder if Sinclair has an eyesight problem. Long shot possibility - but it could be he is misjudging the ball into his hands through a dominant eye failing.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast