Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 4 - West Coast

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Harley ruled Heeney out in his injury report interview today. Papley possible but unlikely. Tippett likely.

Given that and who is in the reserves, I doubt it'll be anything other than swapping the ruckmen. Tempted to conclude Dawson isn't ready and Rose might be a reasonable alternative, but reckon Dawson will be given a chance to improve his intensity this week.
    I hope they give Dawson another chance - Subiaco may suit him, being a longer ground, and thus (at least in theory) may encourage us to play with some more structure, especially going forward. His best work in reserves that I have seen is when he can play off a half forward flank, and make use of the booming kick he has.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Tippett in, Sinclair out is the only change unless they want to try Edwards in place of Foote.

Subiaco, rabid crowd - expect a reaming from the umps, frees against in front of goals at pivotal moments!

Ins: Cunningham, Cameron (unless tippo right to go)
    Out: foote, sinclair

Foote does not have his decision making at AFL level as yet.......

Sinclair, Foote Out
    Tippo, Edwards, wasn't he supposed to be a good pickup and yet he cant get a game in a team so young ???

Also what about Talia ?

Given the current age/exp of our team I don't think it is too big a deal playing guys thru the 1s instead of the NEAFL
    If Papley was picked all he would need to do is get in 12 times and lay 3 tackles and he would be ahead of most of our kids.
    Same goes with Rohan, Heeney etc. NEAFL is top grade amateurs at best, far from the VFL, if they are fit, id play them

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Ins: Cunningham, Cameron (unless tippo right to go)
    Out: foote, sinclair.......
    How could you entertain thoughts of Cunningham? Has done little recently and was very average in the NEAFL last week. Is not the future and is not the now, bringing him back doesn't change our fortune. Sorry, has the tools but unless he seriously redesigns his game he doesn't get another seniors gig for mine. Would rather get time and development into kids during these losses.

Foote is a long way off seniors, doesn't get the ball enough and horrendous panicky decision making, long way to go and also prefer other kids with more skills, was it Fisher who was very good and reported showed class in the NEAFL last week?

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    How could you entertain thoughts of Cunningham? Has done little recently and was very average in the NEAFL last week. Is not the future and is not the now, bringing him back doesn't change our fortune. Sorry, has the tools but unless he seriously redesigns his game he doesn't get another seniors gig for mine. Would rather get time and development into kids during these losses.

Foote is a long way off seniors, doesn't get the ball enough and horrendous panicky decision making, long way to go and also prefer other kids with more skills, was it Fisher who was very good and reported showed class in the NEAFL last week?
    Fisher is a rookie however, so he won't be coming in.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Warming the Bench
    We took Edwards off the Rookie list and he's had 2 good games in the NEAFL, hope he gets his chance this week

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Sinclair, Foote Out
    Tippo, Edwards, wasn't he supposed to be a good pickup and yet he cant get a game in a team so young ???

Also what about Talia ?

Given the current age/exp of our team I don't think it is too big a deal playing guys thru the 1s instead of the NEAFL
    If Papley was picked all he would need to do is get in 12 times and lay 3 tackles and he would be ahead of most of our kids.
    Same goes with Rohan, Heeney etc. NEAFL is top grade amateurs at best, far from the VFL, if they are fit, id play them
    I think NEAFL is better than you give it credit for and will improve strongly over the next 5 years too.

Agree re bringing the players straight in though

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I think NEAFL is better than you give it credit for and will improve strongly over the next 5 years too....
    SANFL is generally considered to be as good as VFL, Crows & Power save SANFL sides who when near full strength are in the top four sides. NEAFL with four AFL reserves sides must be considered similar at the top but has too many low standard, Apsley excepted.

That said, their is a significant step up from NEAFL to AFL level, hardness of bodies, pace of game and pressure are well up and that's what finds out the likes of Foote who looks good at NEAFL level but woeful at AFL level where decisions have to be instantaneous and skills very good.

Regular in the Side
    This is according to Horse:

The Sydney Swans will have a decision to make ahead of their trip to Perth with injured duo Tom Papley and Gary Rohan set to be available for selection.
    Both players will come off the long-term injury list this week making them available for selection should the match committee deem they are fit to play.

I can't see the sense of taking these two off the LTIL this week as neither are likely to go to Perth and it would mean either Edwards or Fox would have to return the rookie list as Johnson would be our only player left on the LTIL. It will mean that either Edwards or Fox will not be available for the GWS game and limits our ability to look at other rookies like Melican or O'Riordan.

Horse also said: "We're not just in the habit of giving games to the young kids for the sake of getting their numbers up, and we still think there's a couple more that could come in as well."

Could be yet more surprises / debutants to come.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    How could you entertain thoughts of Cunningham? Has done little recently and was very average
    Lol
    Sorry 707
    Bwahahaha

I thru in harryC to see what reaction I would get

In:
    Cameron so the catches stick and we get goals
    Edwards for me if he is ready

We need the counter punch from our backs and although we are adding more quality kickers in the backline I felt having jones go back a lot last weekend weakened our midfield and we need TRUE run and carry player in our 22 like yesterday !!!!!

Otherwise keep persisting with blooding the new talent as they will be with us for a few seasons and the downside right now short term is minimal for an away game 0-3 and still 7 or so key players out

The win has to come from our leaders dominating effectively

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast