Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 178

Thread: Changes for Round 4 - West Coast

  1. #1
    recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Stanmore
    Posts
    437

    Changes for Round 4 - West Coast

    So many, so little time!

    1. Smith. Has become the new Benny McGlynn, passion there but has lost five meters of pace; this has be coming for a year and half now

    2. Foote. Wasn't tackling meant to be his strong suit?? Seriously bad, what do the coach see in him?

    3. Marsh. Has had plenty of games, but from a set shot kicks it out on the full

    4. Sinclair. Who lost the Jetta/Sinclair trade, both teams. If you are the ruck man and you can't mark, you can't play

    5. Parker. Is he carrying a injury??? He looks totally out of place, missing tackles, bad kicking: give him rest

    6. Naismith. We kept him and Sinclair and Tippert and let Nankervis go??? Not doing enough around the ground

    Other general thoughts, that was one of the worst skill games i have watched; players not being able to kick to players on the lead, hand balling to players who are marked, and worst of all, our entire defense couldn't read the play and were five meters behind their man. Truly woefully!
    Time for some seriously changes.
    doof-doof

  2. #2
    Travelling Swannie!! mcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    4,859
    You can't drop players if there are not the troops available to come in - who do you want to replace these guys with?

    We need to persevere and hope the Swans spirit can lift us from the doldrums.

    That isn't to say we shouldn't make changes. But for me it would be limited to Foote and Sinclair. I just don't think Foote is good enough, and you've summed up Sinclair well. If Teflon Tippo is not fit and Cameron does ok tomorrow, then Cameron for Sinclair is a must. Maybe Edwards for Foote - unless any of the injured guys are ready to return, then whoever that is.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

  3. #3
    Warming the Bench
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    keysborough
    Posts
    343
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post


    3. Marsh. Has had plenty of games, but from a set shot kicks it out on the full

    .
    I wouldn't call 10 games plenty. 16 disposals today at an efficiency of 75%. equal 4th best for us today. I think he will be a good player.

  4. #4
    Veterans List aardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    5,061
    Out. Sinclair (forever) Foote Dawson
    In. Tippett Papley and ????? maybe give Dawson one more?
    Last edited by aardvark; 8th April 2017 at 01:29 AM.

  5. #5
    On the Rookie List
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,163
    Give them a break - it was a one point loss with so many players with so little experience, big jump from the NEAFL and don't forget being in finals every year means no high draft picks. This team of newbies has lost by 38, 23 and 1 point, personally I believe that to be quite an achievment. At least we are competitive.

  6. #6
    Warming the Bench
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    keysborough
    Posts
    343
    Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Give them a break - it was a one point loss with so many players with so little experience, big jump from the NEAFL and don't forget being in finals every year means no high draft picks. This team of newbies has lost by 38, 23 and 1 point, personally I believe that to be quite an achievment. At least we are competitive.
    I still have hope. we will see how the rest of the year goes.

  7. #7
    On the Rookie List
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    I still have hope. we will see how the rest of the year goes.
    Me too

  8. #8
    Senior Player Bloody Hell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Posts
    2,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    So many, so little time!

    1. Smith. Has become the new Benny McGlynn, passion there but has lost five meters of pace; this has be coming for a year and half now

    2. Foote. Wasn't tackling meant to be his strong suit?? Seriously bad, what do the coach see in him?

    3. Marsh. Has had plenty of games, but from a set shot kicks it out on the full

    4. Sinclair. Who lost the Jetta/Sinclair trade, both teams. If you are the ruck man and you can't mark, you can't play

    5. Parker. Is he carrying a injury??? He looks totally out of place, missing tackles, bad kicking: give him rest

    6. Naismith. We kept him and Sinclair and Tippert and let Nankervis go??? Not doing enough around the ground

    Other general thoughts, that was one of the worst skill games i have watched; players not being able to kick to players on the lead, hand balling to players who are marked, and worst of all, our entire defense couldn't read the play and were five meters behind their man. Truly woefully!
    Time for some seriously changes.
    Horrendous post. Absolutely terrible.

    Fortunately you have numbered your ideas which makes it somewhat easier to respond:

    1.Smith..Smith...SMITH - I don't have a response to this, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Smith is the most underrated player in the comp.
    2. Foote was unimpressive, but there isn't much in the shop.
    3.Marsh was in the best.
    4. Sinclair did what was required.. I'd like to see Cameron, but Sinclair did what was expected.
    5.Parker???, seriously...?
    6. Naismith??? Not on board with any of your opinions (aside from Foote)

    The unfortunate thing of posting on a website such as this is your opinions are held in perpetuity. As Areatha said - Think...

    - - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 10th April 2017 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Some things need not be said
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

  9. #9
    Senior Player Bloody Hell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Posts
    2,924
    I like Dawson.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

  10. #10
    Senior Player Bloody Hell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Posts
    2,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    So many, so little time!

    1. Smith. Has become the new Benny McGlynn, passion there but has lost five meters of pace; this has be coming for a year and half now

    2. Foote. Wasn't tackling meant to be his strong suit?? Seriously bad, what do the coach see in him?

    3. Marsh. Has had plenty of games, but from a set shot kicks it out on the full

    4. Sinclair. Who lost the Jetta/Sinclair trade, both teams. If you are the ruck man and you can't mark, you can't play

    5. Parker. Is he carrying a injury??? He looks totally out of place, missing tackles, bad kicking: give him rest

    6. Naismith. We kept him and Sinclair and Tippert and let Nankervis go??? Not doing enough around the ground

    Other general thoughts, that was one of the worst skill games i have watched; players not being able to kick to players on the lead, hand balling to players who are marked, and worst of all, our entire defense couldn't read the play and were five meters behind their man. Truly woefully!
    Time for some seriously changes.
    And if you're such a gangster, why don't you start a thread about Kieran Jack?
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

  11. #11
    I too worry about Smith. But i cant see any changes for WC game.

    We are odds on to go 0-5, and from there top 4 is out of the question. Gets some games in the youth.

  12. #12
    Just wild about Harry
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,820
    A bag??!

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO