Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 4 - West Coast

Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    There are a lot of players that were getting games in the last 2 years, that have been overlooked/dropped in favour of youngsters - Cunningham, Towers, BJ, Rose. Not sure what to make of that? I'd be happy to never see Towers play for the Swans again. Cunningham is only ever going to be a fringe player, BJ and Rose aren't even being named as emergencies, so I don't understand why they are being kept on the list. On the basis that none of those four are better than the newbies who played against the Pies I would say:
    We are stuck with Cunningham until 2019. I don't know if he has any improvement left in him. He just needs to go harder and get more involved in the play. He's got enough talent.

Rose had an interrupted pre season, so I wouldn't make much out of his non naming in the emergencies. He's played well in the ressies and expect him to see some senior action this year. He's a pressure player and has a quirky style about him that's difficult to play on. I think Longmire likes those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    We are stuck with Cunningham until 2019. I don't know if he has any improvement left in him. He just needs to go harder and get more involved in the play. He's got enough talent.

Rose had an interrupted pre season, so I wouldn't make much out of his non naming in the emergencies. He's played well in the ressies and expect him to see some senior action this year. He's a pressure player and has a quirky style about him that's difficult to play on. I think Longmire likes those things.
    Rose is the one who I think has the potential to be a first team player. If they could get Cunningham to tackle...

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    Rose is the one who I think has the potential to be a first team player. If they could get Cunningham to tackle...
    I don't even care about the tackling so much. I just wish he'd run, like Scully and Gaff and Kelly and Smith. He has the pace and my understanding is that he scores well on stamina too. When he has the ball in hand, his foot skills are generally pretty good. Not perfect but far above average for our side, at least. He just doesn't play with enough intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Out. Sinclair (forever) Foote Dawson
    In. Tippett Papley and ????? maybe give Dawson one more?
    Papley will not get a game this week. too early to expose him to AFL pace as he has had absolutely no match fitness at all.

Veterans List
    Tippett for Sinclair the only change.

Quote Originally Posted by 56-14 View Post
    Anyone know the situation with Isaac?
    (Club website has him at 2 weeks - dated 27 Mar.)

Is he actually training? If so, at what level?

I'm being a pessimist here - think it might be somewhat longer than 2 weeks.
    (Hope I'm wrong.)
    I came down with glandular fever last July. Although the initial illness was around 2 weeks, the real problem I found (which I was warned about by my doctor) was that it keeps coming back. The re-visits have persisted into early this year. They lessened in severity each time but it still knocked me about. It is known for being difficult to shake. Hence, I would imagine it is difficult for the club to make firm predictions on his return.
    CIA Agent to Policeman: "Have you ever had anti-terrorist training?"
    Policeman: "Yes, I was married once."

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Bring Laidler back in.
    He may not be fashionable but he is solid and appears to give it his all every week.
    His experience and, in turn, leadership, may help down back
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Warming the Bench
    http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2...heads-to-perth

Article on the Swans website about whether Papley and Rohan will play on Thursday. Hope they aren't rushed back in before they're ready

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I don't even care about the tackling so much. I just wish he'd run, like Scully and Gaff and Kelly and Smith. He has the pace and my understanding is that he scores well on stamina too. When he has the ball in hand, his foot skills are generally pretty good. Not perfect but far above average for our side, at least. He just doesn't play with enough intensity.
    I watched Cunningham on Saturday. His short passing was ok, but longer kicks seemed pretty ugly

Warming the Bench
    The West Coke Eagles were beaten by Richmond in Melbourne and now have a 5 day turn-around before they play us. On the other hand, we have a 6 day turn-around and have to fly to Perth. WCEs previous game was St Kilda at home and they got a huge free kick advantage. They home ground advantage was well discussed. So, what do we expect this time around?

Even though we need Heeney badly it would be a mistake to bring him back in before he's ready particularly at this stage of the season; same with Papley.

I haven't decided on my ins / outs yet.

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Give them a break - it was a one point loss with so many players with so little experience, big jump from the NEAFL and don't forget being in finals every year means no high draft picks. This team of newbies has lost by 38, 23 and 1 point, personally I believe that to be quite an achievment. At least we are competitive.
    I agree. Too many people here have not experienced many Swans losses. They were either not around in the bad old days or forget they ever existed. This team of kids have not had the benefit of experienced players performing at top AFL standard like the boys last year. In fact they seem to have had to make their own way while our experienced players find their form. Give them a break it is them who are doing the job under very stressful circumstances.

Senior Player
    Harley ruled Heeney out in his injury report interview today. Papley possible but unlikely. Tippett likely.

Given that and who is in the reserves, I doubt it'll be anything other than swapping the ruckmen. Tempted to conclude Dawson isn't ready and Rose might be a reasonable alternative, but reckon Dawson will be given a chance to improve his intensity this week.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast