Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Rnd.4 West Coast V Sydney. Domain Stadium 20.10 pm.

Senior Player
    Man, the first sign of trouble and the knives are out for some. We've been dealt our fair share of good times.

Reckon our travails start with Hannebery and Parker and creep down the ground to Grundy, Mills and Smith. Historically consistent and reliable performers, well off their game.

But collectively, bad decision-making. We really need the mature and calm influences of McVeigh and Rampe and the dynamism and strength of Heeney. Quick, because some players are losing faith a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    For how long is he the best coach? Seriously, Longmire is hardly to blame for us getting done tonight. Is Clarkson to blame for the Hawks current woes?
    You don't think he's the best coach in the game??? And I don't believe I blamed Longmire for this loss, the pathetic decision making and skills from a lot of experienced players cost us unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Lecras will get games for that, intentional, didn't need to do it, high but yes HTF did the umpires miss that but also find an in the back that wasn't down our end. Sorry, but another woeful lopsided display by the maggots.
    That got me pissed off (And officially warned by the Missus!) - he should get banned for it but I bet he doesn't.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    I dont hate Longmire either. We played 4 finals. 2 teams challenged us and we lost. 2 teams folded like cheap seats.

The reality is the he cant cope with game changing.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

Agree 200% Horse does not like change and it is driving me mad watching us play at the moment.we have to be more innovative with our play.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    It is always the player's. Dimma admitted he was wrong, the coach, and now they are playing 'new' footy.

Are the Tigers going to win the flag. No, but trying to play real quick footy and it works well.

Longmire always blames the players. In 6 years never admitted he was wrong. Not one.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    You don't think he's the best coach in the game??? And I don't believe I blamed Longmire for this loss, the pathetic decision making and skills from a lot of experienced players cost us unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    You were the one who mentioned Longmire first - not me.

Not saying he is blameless but Jesus, he has some credits in the bank.

This season will be a write off by the time we get all the players back. It's not fair to judge the current team with so many players out. Give it a couple of months.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    Gee I must have been watching a different game. Cunningham ultra soft. Marsh under pressure is hopeless. Jack has been terrible and Smith cost us 3 goals with terrible kicks and poor tackling.
    I was watching the same game as Scottee. Cunningham topped the tackle count and Marsh was our best defender.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    This season will be a write off by the time we get all the players back. It's not fair to judge the current team with so many players out. Give it a couple of months.
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    The reality is the he cant cope with game changing.
    Wauchope, you've nailed my fear precisely on the head with that comment. I really do wonder if Longmire is going to be able to transform our gameplan, as the changing style of AFL footy is going to demand. Contested ball is no longer the king it was, and you can't make up for a slow midfield by having lots of contested ball kings. If I was a Hawks fan, despite the clear holes developing in their list, I'd be confident their coach knows how to adapt to the way footy is going (being driven by the Commission and its rule changes I might add). I can't say I'm confident Longmire will manage the same.

He has been an enormous part of our clubs success, but I wonder if Longmire will be able to reinvent our game plan as the game moves in an uncomfortable direction. Our style of footy is no longer being rewarded in the way it once was.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Chill folks, we are playing a very inexperienced side plus a few of our leaders are a little down on 2016 form. Maybe we over achieved last year with a young side that has got even younger this year because of a long injury list.

Positives are we have found two very good players in Newman who will play 150-200 on this form and the hugely talented 18yo Hayward who looks just what we need up forward.

Florent shows a bit for an 18yo who really should be honing himself in the NEAFL.

We were always thin on depth and a long injury list has exposed that but enjoy what we have found. We could be Hawthorn who have found nobody during their dry spell.
    Biggest issue for me is frustration. We haven't found Newman he's been there for a while. Should have played last year & it feels like we are making the same mistake with Melican. Perfect back up for a Rampe. Give him a game, let him know what he needs to do to be part of an AFL side.

Florent is out of his depth atm but you can def see there is a very good player there.

You can't criticise hawthorn, they played 4 GF in a row n won 3 in a row. Any club would be prepared for a few down years if they could have that.

It's not a bad thing to go out of contention in April as we can now make this a development year without going through the pretenses of fighting for another flag. We've got more problems than just missing a number of senior players.

We need to revamp of defence. Reg was great last year, but I don't see the point in playing him any more this year. We should bring in Melican and build or defence around him and Aliir. I won't happen overnight, but if we start now we should be able to kick off next season with some experience of these new guys working together.

No point in playing KJ while he is in this form or bringing back Macca for the rest of the year. They're not going to be in our next premiership team.