Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Rnd.4 West Coast V Sydney. Domain Stadium 20.10 pm.

Senior Player
    The Swans have lead in the final quarter in 2 of their 3 losses - despite fielding a desperately undermanned and inexperienced side. Although the boys will be 0 and 5 before a win is registered, I still expect them to make the 8 given that Rampe, McVeigh, Tippett, Rohan and Papley are still to return. Rampe and McVeigh alone will sure up the "leaky" defence.

And just a heads up for tonight: go into the game expecting a shellacking and a rough deal from the umpires - it will save you some heartache.

I'm expecting the boys will play well.
    And that momentum will be killed again and again by the dumpires

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    ... They play a style we don't particularly like, the short kicking game. that is because we always set up about 10 metres off our opponents, a part of our game plan, this is far too far if their delivery, like Collingwood last week, is very good. The opposition are less pressured and they get easy kicks. This is what Hawks did to us every time and it seems every team is doing it now and Longmire seems to have no answer. he needs to develop one very soon otherwise we won't be 0-5, we will be 0-9.
    Drives me nuts. Probably the only thing that still has me yelling at the TV.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Drives me nuts. Probably the only thing that still has me yelling at the TV.
    Drives me nuts too. Has me despairing at games because I can't swear for fear of being kicked out. At home I swear at the telly regularly. The other thing that really pisses me off is the stoppages set ups. bloody dreadful this year. Just a disaster waiting to happen. Josh Francou has to do something different as this is not working in a monumental way. If you look at clearance figures they show we are 17th I think. Terrible. I scream at Horse but to no avail.

Regular in the Side
    I was disappointed and nervous of another defeat. However, after reading this article from Tony Armstrong ( Footy has a way of getting back into your heart - AFL Players ), I am excited again. Go Swans!

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I was disappointed and nervous of another defeat. However, after reading this article from Tony Armstrong ( Footy has a way of getting back into your heart - AFL Players ), I am excited again. Go Swans!
    Awesome find Aaron (probably deserves it own thread).
    Glad to see Tony is still a fan after his ups and (mainly) downs as a professional footballer.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Thanks for sharing the link! That is a brave article by Tony. It takes guts to display your vulnerability. And he makes some good points. Leaves me feeling slightly guilty about the crap we pour on underperformers. You have to remember they are utterly devoted to the game, trying their best and far more skilled than most players will ever be. You have to be really elite and dedicated to make a decent career at AFL level. The players get to enjoy extraordinary salaries and the joy of playing the game they love with their mates but apart from that the costs are really high. Players are treated ruthlessly by clubs and other stakeholders in this professional era. While Tony didn't wind up being good enough at the highest level, seeing him play often brought a smile to my face. I hope he can rediscover his joy for the game - not just watching but also playing. And, naturally, I'm delighted he still barracks for the Bloods!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Thanks for sharing the link! That is a brave article by Tony. It takes guts to display your vulnerability. And he makes some good points. Leaves me feeling slightly guilty about the crap we pour on underperformers. You have to remember they are utterly devoted to the game, trying their best and far more skilled than most players will ever be. You have to be really elite and dedicated to make a decent career at AFL level. The players get to enjoy extraordinary salaries and the joy of playing the game they love with their mates but apart from that the costs are really high. Players are treated ruthlessly by clubs and other stakeholders in this professional era. While Tony didn't wind up being good enough at the highest level, seeing him play often brought a smile to my face. I hope he can rediscover his joy for the game - not just watching but also playing. And, naturally, I'm delighted he still barracks for the Bloods!
    I second the emotion!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Expect us to get wiped badly tonight.

Too many senior players out or out of form.

Generally speaking I enjoy the game more with low expectations so winners either way.

Just to get the juices flowing before the game tonight, this is a must watch. Tissues required, enjoy!

The gripping rivalry: Eagles v Swans - AFL.com.au
    Last edited by aardvark; 13th April 2017 at 05:04 PM.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Just to get the juices flowing before the game tonight, this is a must watch. Tissues required, enjoy!

The gripping rivalry: Eagles v Swans - AFL.com.au
    Something more determined about the team during that era than what there is now.

Senior Player
    Chick to Hunter in 2006 GF - was that the footy or contraband?

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast