Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 5 - GWS

The selectors should have kept their faith in Alir , the opposition still can't work out what he's going to do next , some bloopers were inevitable as he played himself back in after his long layoff.

Yep, not sure why they don't see a backline of Grundy, Melican and AA coexisting..
    And our backline skills stink, so let's get rid of one of our top ball users.

Good luck to Melican btw, about time
    "In some ways we?re less predictable to ourselves and sometimes that can be detrimental because we don?t really know where we?re going" - P.Roos

Quote Originally Posted by shaun.. View Post
    Yep, not sure why they don't see a backline of Grundy, Melican and AA coexisting..

Good luck to Melican btw, about time
    I would have been happy with the extra tall against GWS. Maybe Horse thinks we'd be too tall.

It's a weird situation when your experienced players (Jack, Grundy, Smith, Hanners) are underperforming and they choose to drop kids to make way for the cavalry.

Will they play Jack or Foote on Shaw? The other on Scully?

Our defence in the NEAFL game v GWS could be better than the side picked in the seniors:

Aliir, Maibaum, Talia, Laidler, Newman, O'Riordan

We should beat the Neafl Giants. Maybe those going to the game should leave before the AFL game starts and go home in a happy mood.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by shaun.. View Post
    Foote, golden child?
    Tagger.

Regular in the Side
    The selection hints Horse doesn't mind 0-5?? He just wants to make sure that we can have a better chance to get 1-5 and then progress from there.

It's down mathematics. With Allir in current form there is a high chance we will concede 2-3 goals from turnovers. Plus the 2-3 from Patton. Total 4-6. With Melican (based on JLT series...I know....) your looking at 3-4 in total imo.

They would of done the analysis on Lobb and factored that in to selection too.

There was a good buzz from the players at the open training session. I'm predicting a tight win.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DynamoJim View Post
    It's down mathematics. With Allir in current form there is a high chance we will concede 2-3 goals from turnovers. Plus the 2-3 from Patton. Total 4-6. With Melican (based on JLT series...I know....) your looking at 3-4 in total imo.

They would of done the analysis on Lobb and factored that in to selection too.

There was a good buzz from the players at the open training session. I'm predicting a tight win.
    Yes and with Grundy disposal like last week - four goals

With Smith being burnt off the park - five goals

With Foote having no leg speed to keep up with Kelly, Scully, etc - six goals

AA may have made mistakes, but he also did some good things.

And Jack really has lost all confidence, he doesn't believe in himself anymore.

This really reminds me of horse early days; when senior players got games and the junior no matter how good were drop.
    doof-doof

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    The selectors should have kept their faith in Alir , the opposition still can't work out what he's going to do next , some bloopers were inevitable as he played himself back in after his long layoff.
    I'm glad Aliir has been dropped, he's been lairising about down back playing fancy dan whilst making basic errors which he needs to rub out of his game before he gets selected again, he is just waaaay to loose in my book right now but I still think he has a long term future with us. Quite possible he is ahead of himself at the moment. Good to Melican get his chance

Foote is clearly being used as a tagger, and I do think there is a run with role there for the taking so I'll trust horse with this one.

Good to also see Mills being thrown into the midfield, I think his defensive apprenticeship has run its course. Jones down back will give us some much needed grunt in defence.

I want to be there just in case they find a way to thwart Giants huge desire to beat the Swans at the SCG for the first time....

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    I want to be there just in case they find a way to thwart Giants huge desire to beat the Swans at the SCG for the first time....
    Same here. I just want to see someone take that smirk off Greenes face. along with Shaw, Mumford, Patton, Cameron and anyone else that sticks their head up.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    In: Tippett, Naismith, Rohan, Heeney, Melican
    Out: Foote, Fox, Sinclair, Cunningham, Florent
    Fair effort from MP OP!

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast