Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 5 - GWS

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    If Naismith comes in he replaces Sinclair like for like.
    Isn't Naismith still injured?
    Rohan IN / Florent OUT...
    Pretty much a zero sum game that change.
    For mine Tippo in out of form senior (take your pick) out but it will probably be a kid.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    @PatrickStackFOX

Swans Mcveigh, Tippett, Heeney, Rohan all training well at SCG. Franklin did next to nothing. Ditto Naismith, he's in a knee brace.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    @PatrickStackFOX

Swans Mcveigh, Tippett, Heeney, Rohan all training well at SCG. Franklin did next to nothing. Ditto Naismith, he's in a knee brace.
    An injury update would be helpful Swans. Tippett for Franklin then :-(

On the Rookie List
    Assuming Naismith is not available changes for GWS will be minimal.

IN: Tippett and McVeigh
    OUT: Jack and Fox

Rohan, Heeney and Kizza to run round in the curtain raiser.

Senior Player
    An injury update would be helpful Swans. Tippett for Franklin then :-(
    If Longmire doesn't do a presser from training, would expect a Tom Harley interview to be posted later today. Franklin has a bad cork; would be unlucky to force him out this week. Still early days, could just be managing it.

Veterans List
    Don't want to see Reid 2nd ruck against Mummy so Sinclair probably stays in plus we add Tippett.

Other likely ins must be Rohan who was close to getting a gig last week and whose pace will be needed against GWS running backs. McVeigh could also be a possibility just to give cohesion to the back half.

Interesting selections coming up.

To win this game all our experienced players will not only have to turn their form around completely, they will have to reinvent themselves. Kizza is shot at the moment, Hannas too due to injury. They would both need to take a great deal of Pethadine, Tramadol (I wouldn't recommend it as they will probably go to sleep before quarter time. What the **** what's new), Heroin, morphine or Endone to not have any pain. Doctor 'you have a broken leg sir', Patient 'what leg'.

The older players have to actually come up to a standard the younger players can look up to. That might be hard seeing most of the older players couldn't get a kick in an electric light factory at the moment. Not only that but when they actually do get a disposal they use it worse than the blind man in a bowling alley. Add to the scenario that the young players can actually hit targets not get hit by them.

The forward line really needs to be coordinated. It is close. At the moment it is like the David Jones outfit smart but not not chic. It needs to be chic.

The mids need to get their hands on the ball and not fade in and out of games. They also need to lower the eyes and see who is presenting. This bombing in to Bud or Reidy is not good footy. Wasteful. GWS midfield is probably the best en mass of any team in the league. We must win the clearances.

The defence. Boy I wish I had a solution for this one. I send an SOs, I send an SOS to the world. Where have you put my bloody defence. It's gone effing missing. To say this is the biggest disappointment to me is an understatement. The usually solid, dependable, ruthless defence is now a skeleton of it's former self. Cut down with leaking/clanger Syndrome in the prime of life. Marsh is sometimes wonderful, sometimes dreadful. Mills has just been the latter for all but 3 quarters of the four games. Reg has returned to early 2015 form. Smithy has never played this badly. It's as though he changed brains with Benny ******* Hill, running around the place madly without having a clue what he is doing. dta, dta, dta, dtadtadta dah dum. Newman has been solid, so has Jones (abate a little easy on the free kicks, yer need to do it in the pack Jonsie give 'em a good uppercut as yer go in or otherwise just get 'em in a good old fashioned squirrel grip). The defence really needs help, always does but it isn't getting it as often as it needs. But we are not helping ourselves by sending birthday presents to opposition players. 'There ya go have a goal I kicked that one straight to ya'. Or for that matter making terrible decisions like giving the ball to a player who is in a worse position than them surrounded by opposition players. But there is hope. We can only go up from here, I certainly hope our defence has not hit the depths of the Hawks, then there would be no way back.

Coaching. Horse keeps saying same old, same old. We don't want ******* same old, we want something new, something borrowed, something blue. We want to be the bride not the bloody bridesmaid John. We want our players to stand up on the premiership dais and have a pic holding the cup. So start working on something bloody new. Otherwise you might just be 'Same Old' bloody sacked coach.

Can we turn this slump, slide, depths of despair around? Of course we can. We can start by following another team for the year or... We can hope our senior players get the message and start giving bang for the buck. I know most of you don't get what Bud & Tip get but you are on about 8-10 times as much as the mean wage of an ordinary worker ($54,000). Come on guys you can do it. If Eddie the Eagle can actually get off the ground and fly, abate very badly, you can too but not badly.

Players coming back. According to AFL.com Tippett, Naismith, Rohan and possibly Heeney will be coming back. Heeney they have as 1-2 weeks but I believe if he trains well this week he will play. The reason I looked at AFL.com is that our website is never up to date with the injuries or anything else really. If all are back this will strengthen our side a lot. Rohan will probably play reserves though as he has had far too long off.

In; Naismith, Tippett, Heeney & Melican

Out; Sinclair, Foote, Florent, Jack

Hannas really needs to get over his injury but not yet. Ollie was poor last week. Same Foote. Sinclair tried hard but his lack of talent and awareness was obvious.

Heens would boost the mids. Melican in would free up Mills to go to the mids. Jones back & wing. Lloyd back & wing. Kizza has only been playing 20% in the mids & even without match practice I can see Heens doing far more time there. Heens and Hewee were good there in the preseason playing together or in the intra opposed. I think Heens adds another dimension and mills will add another. I just wonder if we have played Ollie in the wrong spot. I saw the kid play as a mid, not on the wing in the centre, and he was good, very good.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    If Longmire doesn't do a presser from training, would expect a Tom Harley interview to be posted later today. Franklin has a bad cork; would be unlucky to force him out this week. Still early days, could just be managing it.
    Tom does the injury update every week on a Tuesday. I get a bit pissed off that they miss players out though. Often they only give updates for three or four not the lot. No use looking at the injury list either it is probably still showing 2015 list. Swans media are a bit slack.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Assuming Naismith is not available changes for GWS will be minimal.

IN: Tippett and McVeigh
    OUT: Jack and Fox

Rohan, Heeney and Kizza to run round in the curtain raiser.
    Macca is still 2-3 away.

The Giants are down 2 #1 draft picks, a #2, a #3 and 2 #5 picks. We are unlikely to ever see them in such a 'weakened' condition. I think they are down to only 2 #1 picks in their side. It's hard to notice though, isn't it? Their NEAFL side was really depleted, to show they are coming back to the pack ever so slightly.

I don't think we can afford to drop Jack if he is just out of form and is not physically hampered due to his hip complaint from March. He's contracted until 2019 and we him up and going in the team. He just has to work his way back into form.

I think this must be McVeigh's last season. He really has to be sharp with his skills to have value to the team at this stage of his career. I would like to see him play a few games in the reserves to regain his game skills and see if he can play without re-injuring his calf.

Heeney is the one we most need of the 3 players returning from long injuries. It's a call for the coaches and medicos to determine if he should return through the NEAFL or AFL.

If Naismith is not fit, I would think Cameron should be okay. He finished the NEAFL match 2 weeks ago on the ground, although did go off in the 3rd quarter with what seemed to be a shoulder complaint, but I wouldn't think it should be too serious since he didn't make the injury list last week. He's been playing well and is a better option than Sinclair. So Tippo and Cameron in for Sinclair and the relegated Fox is a place to start.

I would drop Florent for the next fit player to come in. If Heeney is not available, I would consider playing Rose or giving another game to Dawson. Rose looked good to me in the reserves and should be able to contribute more than Florent at this point.

None of the 3 key defenders from the last NEAFL game had to put in too much work and didn't have much opportunity to shine. All looked okay without any one standing out. Melican has been the best of the group since the JLT series and perhaps should be given the first shot. I think we need to consider whether we want Melican or perhaps Talia playing on one of their tall trio of Cameron, Patton and Lobb rather than the shorter Marsh.

It looks to be a tough game unless we get a big make-up prezzie from the umps. They owe us.

Senior Player
    Tweets from the Swans' official Twitter account from the Longmire presser this afternoon:

Longmire: Tippett, Heeney, McVeigh and Rohan are all available for selection this week.

Longmire: no concern on Franklin, he will be available to play.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Tweets from the Swans' official Twitter account from the Longmire presser this afternoon:

Longmire: Tippett, Heeney, McVeigh and Rohan are all available for selection this week.

Longmire: no concern on Franklin, he will be available to play.
    Wow! No mention of Naismith. If they feel Rohan and Heeney are right to play then that's a big step forward. I'm even excited that the finger pointer might be fit. Think the Swans need him back.

Regular in the Side
    No mention of Naismith, Cameron or Ronke!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast