Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 5 - GWS

Four Swans could return to face Giants - sydneyswans.com.au

Longmire said having to think long and hard about the selection dilemma regarding his four senior players, and their lack of footy, is a good headache to have. Tippett missed last week's loss to West Coast in Perth after being injured in round three, while the other trio haven't played a game this year, with McVeigh and Rohan in particular having extremely interrupted pre-season campaigns.

"Whether they all play or not we're not quite sure, but we'll address each individual case as we see fit, and each of those have got different backgrounds."

Warming the Bench
    Curious how serious Darcy Cameron's injury is. Not mentioned in the injury update.

I think we are better of leaving Sinclair in as cannon fodder for Mummy rather than risk Naismith or Cameron even if available. Tippo will find a way to get injured regardless.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    I think we are better of leaving Sinclair in as cannon fodder for Mummy rather than risk Naismith or Cameron even if available. Tippo will find a way to get injured regardless.
    Unfortunately (because I like him and think his best play is pretty good) it looks as if he is about to resume his old nickname.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    This will be not seem correct, but Tippett played in 42 out of a possible 44 games running from round 18, 2014 through round 12, 2016. Mummy, by comparison, is currently on his best run of games, playing 26 out of the past 27.

Excluding the 4 players coming back from injury and listed as test, our injury list is down to 4, including AJ, so is looking much better for a good run starting either this week or next. Cameron and Ronke not on the list. I'm looking forward to seeing Ronke play. He's a tough player with genuine pace. I think he's got a good chance of making it in the AFL if disposal his good enough.

I would feel more confident going into the game with either one ruckman or Cameron instead of Sinclair. Cameron has looked good in the pre-season and NEAFL games.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby_bolts View Post
    Curious how serious Darcy Cameron's injury is. Not mentioned in the injury update.
    I'll reply to myself! He isnt on the injury list, so a good sign?

Veterans List
    The swans site says Naismith is out for 3 weeks with a medial strain. It also says Cameron has a shoulder injury.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Injury update has Macca ready and training. Wow that was quick. Last week he was at least 2 weeks away. Naismith out with a medial strain. Heens, Gazza and Tip all ready with Macca.

Frankly I wouldn't risk either Rohan or Macca, who both have not had any pre-season games or H&A games. No match practice should get match practice in the reserves. So amended ins;

Heeney, Tippett & Melican

Out; Foote, Jack & Florent (rested, he looked a bit baked at times in last weeks match)

I don't think it is a good thing to take underdone players into such an important match. Taking two players coming back from injury is already risky, even though both have had game time. But to play two more who have had absolutely no game time or match practice this year is just plain stupid. I hope Horse doesn't rush them in.

Fox drops back to the rookie list, so he's a definite out.

I like Heeney, Tippett & Melican as the ins from wolftone, but would have Fox, Sinclair and Florent as the outs. Foote will probably dropped if Macca returns and Jack just has to play his way back into form.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 18th April 2017 at 08:01 PM.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    The swans site says Naismith is out for 3 weeks with a medial strain. It also says Cameron has a shoulder injury.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    I remember when it said Cameron picked up the shoulder injury but he isn't on the injury list.

Veteran Site Admin
    I went along to the opening training session that the Swans held this afternoon.

Tippett and Cameron were both training with the main group. Tippett, in particular, seemed to show no signs of being hampered in his movements so he will be a definite "in". Heeney, Rohan and McVeigh were also with the main group.

There was a small group at the start doing stationary work apart from the main group. It included Buddy, Aliir, Lloyd and Reg (and others). Lloyd and Allir then spent the next while (somewhere between 30 and 60 minutes) running very slow laps of the ground together. Ronke and Murray also ran laps together but at considerably faster pace than Lloyd and Aliir. Reg did some strange movements on his own for a while and then disappeared. I don't think Buddy did much at all.

AJ and Dan Robinson were also out on the ground doing some low intensity drills together (with a trainer). That's good news for Robinson - looks like his shoulder is repairing well. He didn't look restricted in his movement of it, though clearly he's not yet ready for contact work.

I didn't pay attention to what the main group was doing for most of the session, but there was one side drill where Parker pleasingly showed agility that he's not been displaying in the first few games of the year. And he had no strapping on his knee.

Whatever effect the GF has had on Heeney (endurance wise), it hasn't affected his timing or his leap. He looked very smooth out there.

The reason I didn't pay much attention to the main group drills was that I was fixated on Plugger giving one-on-one kicking clinics to a handful of players. Fox had a pretty long session to start - at least 20 minutes. His goal kicking action was looking pretty smooth, though they weren't kicking from far out (maybe 30m). Jack then had a very short session and there was no notable improvement. He was followed by Cunningham, and Papley was having his turn when the rest of the players left the ground (and I too left).

Veterans List
    No one has suggested that HC goes back to the 2's. I say bring in the 4 established players and HC, Fox, Florent and another exit stage left.

I would also love to see Rampe make a remarkable recovery.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast