Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 5 - GWS

Feel like Laidler should come back in, was very stiff to be dropped in the first place.

Ins: Laidler, Heeney, Tippett
    Outs: Florent, Fox, Foote

Warming the Bench
    in heeney,tippett,mcveigh,rohan

out fox,cunningham,foote,newman
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    A couple of weeks ago we swapped a back for a forward (Laidler for Dawson).
    We had 9 defenders, or rather 9 players capable of playing in defence, against the Bulldogs. Dropping 1 defender from that team actually addressed that imbalance.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    out: newman
    ???

Why? He's been amongst our best, at least in terms of disposal, something we crucially need out of our backline

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    ???

Why? He's been amongst our best, at least in terms of disposal, something we crucially need out of our backline
    Agree. If we have to drop him to bring in Macca then Macca can play ressies.

Cameron, Patton and Lobb being covered by Aliir, Grundy and Marsh doesn't look great for us. Even bringing in Melican won't improve the situation that much, although Melican did play well on Patton in the JLT game. The current weather forecast is for showers. Even though we have not played well in the wet, it might be a good thing if it rains against the skillful and speedy Giants.

As for the players returning from injury, I don't think we can pass judgment on their fitness to play. You would think that the medical and conditioning staff are in a much better position to make these calls than we are. The comments about Heeney, Macca and Rohan were that all are available for selection, but it doesn't mean any will necessarily be selected to play in the AFL this week.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    We had 9 defenders, or rather 9 players capable of playing in defence, against the Bulldogs. Dropping 1 defender from that team actually addressed that imbalance.
    Fair enough Ugg, however, those 9 defenders were mainly small and I think we need to go taller against GWScum. I'd like to see Laidler brought in and Allir play mainly as the spare defender intercepting.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    ???

I agree that it would be exceptionally harsh to see Newman drop out. He has played well the last couple of weeks and deserves to keep his spot.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Opti-pessi-misti
    With Rampe out I would bring in Macca. Even if he is not up to it, he could at least get the finger pointing in the back line and help organise Aliir, Mills, Marsh and Newman (or whoever else is selected). Reg and Smithy have been struggling with their own games and without a settled structure around them Mills and Aliir have been well down on their form of last year. I don't know whether Laidler can read the game and organise others as well as Macca can.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    A 'teammate' falls across Naismith's knee, Rampe trips over a fence ....... gawd we've got a club full of klutzs!
    They should be covered in bubble wrap when they train!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    in heeney,tippett,mcveigh,rohan

out fox,cunningham,foote,newman
    So you are going to drop one of the few blokes that can actually kick, in Newman. Smart. Fox had more goal assists than any other player last week. How about just dropping Jack, Foote & Florent (he needs a rest). I'm not a huge wrap for Harry early this season but last week he competed and was quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    They should be covered in bubble wrap when they train!
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I'm not a huge wrap for Harry early this season but last week he competed and was quite good.
    Combine 2 good RWO ideas into one. Get some bubble wrap headgear for Harry. Then he will have the courage to put his head over the ball and even Nico will become a fan.

bubble-wrap-guy_1024x1024.jpg

Anyway, if we drop Harry after his best game in a long time when we are short of personnel, then we might as well put Harry in bubble wrap and stick him in the freezer next to Dean Towers. It will be a deep deep freeze too, since he's going to be with us for another 3 years.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast