Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 5 - GWS

I'm surprised about Alir as he gives us some attack out of defence.

The team is stronger than recent weeks but can it defeat the star studded Giants? Hopeful but not confident. I will be there to cheer them on though. I prefer our situation to that of the Hawks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Fox not named in the reserves so I imagine he is injured.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Fox not named in the reserves so I imagine he is injured.
    Says "knee" on the team announcement.

Foote, golden child?
    "In some ways we?re less predictable to ourselves and sometimes that can be detrimental because we don?t really know where we?re going" - P.Roos

We may have a few players not match fit, but other than that, we are only missing one key player, Dane Rampe. The Giants are without a lot more than we are, although they have so many more of them.

I suppose Aliir was sent back to the reserves to sharpen up the defensive side of his game. I'm sure he will be back once he regains his form of last year. We can't expect too much from Melican on debut, but hoping for the best.

Newman is a bit of a surprise, which I imagine was done for team balance, as they say. I would have dropped Sinclair and gone with Tippett in the ruck v Mummy and put Reid in when Lobb does the ruck work. Newman adds so much more around the ground than Sinclair does. But we all know that Longmire loves his 2 ruckmen game.

I'm guessing that Foote has a specific tagging role, maybe on Kelly or Scully. He will earn his keep if he can shut down one of those guys.

Melican joins Will Hayward, Oliver Florent, Jordan Dawson, Nic Newman and Robbie Fox to debut this season.

It now means the Swans have played 13 debutants in the last 27 home and away matches, dating back to Round 1, 2016.

My recollection is that Foote was assigned to tag Mitchell last week and did an ok job in that regard aided by the latter carrying an injury?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

also without aliir we seem quite small against there big talls

I thought Florent was probably due for a rest.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

The changes look good to me, except I would have dropped K Jack to find some form and get his body right and possibly have kept Newman in.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I thought Florent was probably due for a rest.
    To be honest, he would of been the first name on my list to go when players came back.

Nothing against him, and we can all see the potential, but his contributions have been fleeting overall.

He is going to be some player, but he needs to develop in the NEAFL for a little while before he will truly really be ready for AFL footy in my opinion.

I'm disappointed that Newman has dropped out - I thought he has looked well at home in AFL football, and was far from being in our bottom few players. But I'm guessing its as much about team balance at this stage, but I really think he is clearly part of our best 22, even when everyone is back.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I'm just wondering if Horse is going for draft picks. Will we win a game this season? The outs are baffling. Fox injured and Florent I understand but AA as bad as he was last week is much needed this week and Newman has done absolutely nothing wrong. Bloody baffling. Jack & Foote should have gone. About time Horse stopped being blinkered about Jack, he is a passenger at the moment, what's more in this game he will get run off every time.

AA is integral to the defence against this mob. Marsh or Mills will now have to play on Lobb. NOT GOOD. We are going to get killed. Giants by 90

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast