Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vultures circling Sam Reid

Collingwood already have a Reid that breaks down all the time. Why would they want two?

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Collingwood already have a Reid that breaks down all the time. Why would they want two?
    To complete their collection?

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    Because Franklin n Reid are the perfect examples of why there needs to be compensation. Both clubs have invested heavily into both players and then in their prime lose them for virtually nothing. We are talking about a 25 year old Reid coming into his prime not a 29 year old Reid. The issue with compo is it's tied to ladder positions not what the player is worth. No way was Franklin worth only pick 19 & now the Hawks are paying for it. If they were truly compensated they would have a couple young guns coming up through the ranks which they deserve. Now that's compensation for one of the best players to ever play the game. They were the ones that could see & develop franklins potential and not pick Richard Tambling. And clubs get penalised with ladder positions all the time now with the order changing with F/S & academy picks.
    Great analysis. The "system" is well and truly effed. It is actually not about "compensation" at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    I don't know if it's just me that thinks the system is broken but to me it's a disaster.
    It's not just you. It's high farce.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Perhaps the same impulse that can lead people to buy multiple Datsun 120Ys in the hope they could salvage one good one out of the pieces?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Perhaps the same impulse that can lead people to buy multiple Datsun 120Ys in the hope they could salvage one good one out of the pieces?
    My old man had a Datsun 120Y for about 15 years, gave it basically no service at all, and it just kept on keeping on
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    My old man had a Datsun 120Y for about 15 years, gave it basically no service at all, and it just kept on keeping on
    So perhaps not that analogous to a Reid then.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Harvesting spare parts / organs from Sam for Ben eh. What's Joel Tippett up to these days?

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    My 200B was like that.
    I remember down the Mornington Peninsula one summer, I heard a funny noise from the engine. I stopped the car, popped the bonnet and realised it was the small amount of what that was left in the radiator boiling and bubbling.
    Turned the engine back on, found a hose from the front yard of a house and topped it up and kept on going.
    Fun times
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

I'd have thought Sam's more a Leyland P76.....

Just wild about Harry
    I'd have thought Sam's more a Leyland P76.....
    He has a big boot.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Harvesting spare parts / organs from Sam for Ben eh. What's Joel Tippett up to these days?
    Haha I like your thinking! We've also got spare parts for Jack playing in the NEAFL

Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    Haha I like your thinking! We've also got spare parts for Jack playing in the NEAFL
    I think KJack has a lot of worn out parts need replacing

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast