Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 37

Thread: RWO Game Day Thread - Round 3 - April 22-25

  1. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by The Student View Post
    It's in Brisbane to my knowledge. Who have we recruited from there with the express aim of playing Prem Div?

    And if we did recruit someone that was from Qld, is a student at SU and on a scholarship why should he play for another club? Especially if that club has contributed absolutely nothing to the NEAFL program.
    So, let me get this straight. You recruit from interstate under the rules that if he plays prems he goes to his draft club. You give him a scholarship to go to your uni.

    Now because you gave him a scholarship it means the draft rules don't apply anymore? You can't change the rules just because you give someone free stuff.

  2. #26
    Few interesting quotes in this article Sydney University NEAFL Mini Draft completed - AFL Sydney - SportsTG

    Sydney University listed NEAFL players who do not meet the Sydney University Premier Division criteria went into a mini draft to be aligned with an AFL Sydney Premier Division club should they not be selected to play in the NEAFL team.
    With most of these high quality players expected to play some AFL Sydney football throughout the season, the new player pathway process should be of benefit to the AFL Sydney competition.

  3. #27
    You clearly have no idea how the scholarship program works. People actually have to apply to get into university. You do realize this? So if someone is successful in obtaining a placement in a post-grad / masters or even undergrad we have nothing to do with that. We can't just throw people into med school or a law degree because we are the football club.

    So yes, the rules do change when people become a student at the university. They become eligible to play for us under the rules set out by Sydney AFL. My query would be as to why a club would keep someone against their wishes when they have no claim to them. This is not about our club, it is about denying a young bloke the opportunity to play football. If he owes you a thousand bucks in rego, so be it. But otherwise it is petty. Anyway I'm not going to discuss this any further on a public forum. Happy to do so via PM if you wish.

    Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    So, let me get this straight. You recruit from interstate under the rules that if he plays prems he goes to his draft club. You give him a scholarship to go to your uni.

    Now because you gave him a scholarship it means the draft rules don't apply anymore? You can't change the rules just because you give someone free stuff.
    - - - Updated - - -

    The rules changed last year. The clubs wanted it scrapped in return for being able to access scholarship players that are at the Uni. Obviously this is of no use or relevance to clubs that have never provided anyone to the program so I get that your club may be a bit behind on the rules.

    Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post

  4. #28
    Fair dinkum, we have won two games. We are a long way off winning a flag. As soon as we get the usual ten injuries by mid season we will have Div 1 players rolling out in Prems.

    Quote Originally Posted by unconfuseme View Post
    It's simply not fair to the other 8 Sydney clubs that they supply funding and resources and players from their juniors, to SU to run a representative team in another competition, and then run the risk of losing a flag - the Premier Division Flag in the Sydney AFL - to a club made up of those very players and resources ...

  5. #29
    > Recruit him from interstate - doesn't meet requirements for SU PD
    > Gift him a scholarship - claim he now goes to your uni and meets requirements
    > Complain when people call you out on your [email protected]@@@ and refuse to comment any more.

    And then you constantly whinge and complain when other clubs don't support your neafl program and call you out for stacking your prems.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by The Student View Post
    The rules changed last year. The clubs wanted it scrapped in return for being able to access scholarship players that are at the Uni. Obviously this is of no use or relevance to clubs that have never provided anyone to the program so I get that your club may be a bit behind on the rules.
    With most of these high quality players expected to play some AFL Sydney football throughout the season, the new player pathway process should be of benefit to the AFL Sydney competition.
    So the clubs found the above claim to be false? That there was no benefit to the AFL Sydney competition?

  6. #30
    I don't want to go into it any further because it's not really the appropriate place to do so. It is with the AFL at the moment so they can deal with it. I don't know who you are, you don't know who I am or if I have a role at Uni so what's the point of discussing specifics on an Internet forum. Like I said I'd be happy to continue the discussion offline if you wish but I don't think this is the best place for dirty laundry.

    There's no claiming that he goes to the university. He is doing an MBA at SU. He is a student and is already a qualified professional. The fact that you are insinuating that we gifted him a scholarship to get into university is downright offensive - to him.

    Show me where I have whinged and complained about people not supporting NEAFL. I don't care. I have stated this many times. Our success or failure will occur with or without people like you coming down to watch. I made reference to your club never having provided a player because I think it is ludicrous that your club would then happily accept and hold onto a NEAFL player against his wishes. Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    > Recruit him from interstate - doesn't meet requirements for SU PD
    > Gift him a scholarship - claim he now goes to your uni and meets requirements
    > Complain when people call you out on your [email protected]@@@ and refuse to comment any more.

    And then you constantly whinge and complain when other clubs don't support your neafl program and call you out for stacking your prems.

    - - - Updated - - -




    So the clubs found the above claim to be false? That there was no benefit to the AFL Sydney competition?
    You do realize that there was no benefit because we don't recruit players from interstate that aren't going to play the majority of the year in NEAFL right? Did I mention that earlier?
    Last edited by The Student; 25th April 2017 at 12:29 AM.

  7. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by The Student View Post
    Because one of them has put in a transfer that the club has denied despite having no grounds to do so which has resulted in the player not having played for four weeks. It's a bit pathetic really especially considering that he is a student at the university, qualifies to play for us and has absolutely no interest in playing for a club he has no connection with, half an hour from his home with people he doesn't know. The other is playing at his draft club because he wants to. That's the difference.
    Was knocked back because the rules you guys agreed to weren't complied with. Gotta play by the rules especially when recruiting interstate players that want to play prems.

  8. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by The Student View Post
    You do realize that there was no benefit because we don't recruit players from interstate that aren't going to play the majority of the year in NEAFL right? Did I mention that earlier?
    They certainly didn't in 2016, did however in 2015 and 2017.

  9. #33
    In 2015 the mini draft players were as follows

    Law (UTS) 7 games
    Lucy (St.G) 1 game
    Blesing (PH) 0 games
    Bonney (MW) 7 games
    Day (UNSW) 0 games
    Turner (WS) 0 games

    So if you can point out any of those that played the majority of the season in PD in 2015 I'm happy to acknowledge your point. The fact is that the rules have changed, Austin now qualifies to be a Uni player, is a student and has requested a transfer. Your club has no right to deny it. There are literally no grounds for stopping him moving in accordance with the rules. And to be honest I have no idea why a club that would want a player on their books that doesn't want to be there. Anyway I'm sure it will all be sorted out soon one way or another.

    Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    They certainly didn't in 2016, did however in 2015 and 2017.
    - - - Updated - - -

    The rules have changed - he is free to move. And in any case he is now a student at the university and would've qualified under the old rules. Pretty simple really

    Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Was knocked back because the rules you guys agreed to weren't complied with. Gotta play by the rules especially when recruiting interstate players that want to play prems.

  10. #34
    Because you gave him a scholarship...

  11. #35
    If hes such an integral part of your neafl side then why dont you pick him? Why choose to break sydney afl selection rules instead of sydney uni neafl selection policy.

  12. #36
    Because they're unbeaten and he hasn't played all year?

    Are you aware of the fact that the rules have changed? Not only are students of the university allowed to play PD for us but interstate players are as well. I am assuming that you have nothing to do with this sort of thing because you are oblivious to the current regulations but rest assured, there was consultation with the AFL and the clubs.

    In any case you are insinuating that we "gave him a scholarship" for him to do an MBA in order to wrest him away from the all powerful St.George. Get over yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    If hes such an integral part of your neafl side then why dont you pick him? Why choose to break sydney afl selection rules instead of sydney uni neafl selection policy.
    Last edited by The Student; 25th April 2017 at 08:42 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO