Thread: Lower div predictions

Lower div predictions

Anyone got any this year?

Div 1 - We should be real strong agaiin. UTS are always good. Interesting to see how parra go post Jarjoura and Balmain go with Jarjoura part 2. Camden could be interesting. Its a real tight comp with most teams being able to beat each other on their day.

Div 2 - Surely north shore dominate with all their interstate recruits and gun kids who cant get a spot in prems. Wollondilly up, can penrith push to get back to div 1? ECE reserves back, could be interesting

Div 3 - I have no idea about div 3. The 3 teams who went up should be competitive I guess

Div 4 - We will be good, have 10 guys who did a pre season thinking they would play div 1 in div 4 this weekend. Hope the depth continues throughout the year. ECE down - dunno how they go, UTS favourites as always (they have won div 4 the last 3 years in a row without being promoted).

Div 5 - No idea

No one buying in, so I'll have a go - although not sure if predictions after round 2 still count. I still have no clue, so maybe they do.

Div 1 - Top 5, St George, because of all the interstate players in their 1's and all the good kids who can't get a game (just kidding). UTS, Mac Uni, Penno and Camden because teams coming up seem to go well in their first year. Balmain to be in div 2 in 2018.

Div 2 - Top 5, North Shore, Penrith, UNSW,Penno, Wests. Recruits into Wests 1's will hopefully benefit Wests 2's.

Div 3 - Top 5, Norwest, North Shore, Camden, Mac Uni, Campbelltown. So tipping the 3 teams that came up to all do well.

Div 4 - Top 5, St George, Penno, UNSW, UTS, Western Magic. Then UTS to load up their div 4 team again for another flag.

Div 5 - Top 5, Norwest, UTS, UNSW, Wests, North Shore. Tough to make the 5 in this comp with 13 teams.

Womens Prem Div - Top 4, UNSW, Sydney Uni, Souther Power, Newtown. So tipping Newtown will improve after a slow start

Womens Div 1 - Top 5, Manly, Wollongong, Western Magic, East Coast, North Shore.

Under 19 Div 1 - Top 4, North Shore, St George, UNSW, Penno.

Under 19 Div 2 - Top 4, South West Cats, St George, North Shore, Campbelltown

Quote Originally Posted by bomber. View Post
    No one buying in, so I'll have a go - although not sure if predictions after round 2 still count. I still have no clue, so maybe they do.
    Just looking for some discussion about the lower divs!

Div 1 - Top 5, St George, because of all the interstate players in their 1's and all the good kids who can't get a game (just kidding). UTS, Mac Uni, Penno and Camden because teams coming up seem to go well in their first year. Balmain to be in div 2 in 2018.
    Haha. UTS didn't look anywhere near as good as last year, I think only 6 or 7 from their GF side but then again so did we. Blacktown has that gun FF, have to shut him down.

Div 4 - Top 5, St George, Penno, UNSW, UTS, Western Magic. Then UTS to load up their div 4 team again for another flag.
    They had some brand new players on the weekend. We kicked 13.27 and still won by 70. Once their div 2 is out of contention they will drop them back and try and go for 4 in a row.

Under 19 Div 1 - Top 4, North Shore, St George, UNSW, Penno.
    In RL, oztag maybe even soccer - after a few rounds if you are getting toweled up they drop you down. I get its hard to remake draws, but surely Blacktown juniors aren't going to have a fun year. 20 goal loss round 1, 30 goal loss round 2. Its like randwick in div 4 last year, although they dropped to div 5 and are still getting flogged.

In the juniors they recalibrate the divisions after 2 or 3 rounds and move them up or down.
    They should do the same with the 19's swap Blacktown with Sth West Cats.
    Cant understand how anyone would think Blacktown playing div 1 was a good idea.
    The Cats have � the team from last years 19/2 premiers together with the other � from Camden last years Div1, through in a couple last years Sth Coast Div 1 players (I know it adds to more than one) should go ok in 19/1. They pumped st geo, last years minor premiers by 100 points

There is a huge jump in standard between 19d1 and 19d2. Let them both play in 19d2.

I wouldnt drive across sydney every saturday to lose by 20 to 30 goals each week.

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    There is a huge jump in standard between 19d1 and 19d2. Let them both play in 19d2.

I wouldnt drive across sydney every saturday to lose by 20 to 30 goals each week.
    They have to travel further for the home games than away games

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post

Wont happen anyway but given our kids have only trained together briefly I think they would surprise. I agree however about the gulf from the top of div 1. However I think if we had access to the best kids from our region we would go quite well. Hopefully we see kids encouraged to stay local in the furture.

UTS is interesting in div 4. 124 point win round 1. 70 point loss round 2. 72 point win round 3.

ECE 96 point win. 75 point loss. 72 point loss.

I guess in div 4 teams are very different week to week but even southern power - 124 point loss. 17 point win. 109 point loss.