Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 4: Sydney Swans Reserves v Giants @ SCG

BJ hardly ever hits a target by foot. Blazes away for goal, but rarely kicks it between the big sticks. If he fixes that up, he might get a game.

Regular in the Side
    why are the posts showing a time of 7.40 am
    Last edited by lwjoyner; 22nd April 2017 at 07:02 PM. Reason: spelling

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Cameron sitting on the bench since start of qtr

Has strapping on his left thigh

FT @swansreserves 13.13 91 Giants 8.7 55 Goals: Rose 4 Dawson 2 Pink 2 Cameron Fisher Edwards Murray Robertson @neaflofficial #goswans

Disp Jack 34 Newman 31 Dawson 26 Edwards 25 Talia 23 Laidler Florent 22 O'Riordan Murray 21 Aliir 20 Fisher 19 Brown 15 Rose Gowers 14

Tackles Fisher 5 Newman Edwards jack 4 Dawson Florent MacDonald 3 Osborne Pink Maibaum Robertson 2

Marks Laidler 11 Jack 10 Talia 8 Newman 7 Aliir O'Riordan Dawson 6 Edwards Rose Maibaum Brown 5 Maze Murray 4 Florent Cameron Lee 3

I liked what I saw of Pink and Maze. Good ball use, hard working.

Mixed output from Rose, Dawson, Aliir. I agree AA still too loose defensively but is great with ball in hand. Rose did some good stuff but I also noticed a few lapses in concentration, especially defensively, where he let his man get away from him at times. He also allowed himself to be run down while carrying the ball.

Newman was solid, I thought. Does a lot right and works hard.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Cameron sitting on the bench since start of qtr

Has strapping on his left thigh
    Wants to show the world that he really is a ruckman.

Senior Player
    Watched the last three quarters.

Edwards looked imposing every time he touched it, quick first few steps and evasive. Sometimes wonky disposal, but also did some good things.

Florent was a little disappointing; I was hoping he'd find a bit more of it, but he didn't. Certainly classy (and quick) but I think he's got a decent NEAFL apprenticeship ahead of him.

I thought Aliir looked better as the game went on, but Giants didn't kick well into the forward 50. Talia was OK, Maibaum looks and plays rugged.

I like Rose, took some good marks inside forward 50, but still gets caught with it and turns it over from time to time.

O'Riordan's speed and hardness are senior standard. I like Pink, he's quick for a big man and smart.

Goes up to 11
    Here's a few notes I took - watched the whole game:
    Jack butchers the ball too often.
    Sam Murray looks classy
    Rose attacking well
    Talia looks reasonably composed
    I reckon a few weeks back in the 2s won't hurt aliir . Or Florent.
    Maze is a big unit but will need a few years of work - looks a likely shot for a rookie spot next year though.

Edwards seemed to be the on field leader and whilst not always polished, he was heavily involved in plenty of attacking forays. Good pace too.

Maibaum looks worthy of development. A hardy key back.

O'Riordan isn't far off at all and could well slot into the seniors for a few games this year. He looks more comfortable out there and physically he looks like an AFL player.

We had some really nice looking attack particularly in the second half - plenty of run through the middle and link up handballs. Not always perfect but looked good and I think reflects how the seniors will look to play once they get into gear (which will hopefully be tonight).

It was great to see AJ doing the running with Robbo. There both lovely blokes with positive energy. But I confess I didn't like what I saw of AJ's movement. He's not exactly running like a gazelle. Looks a little awkward through the hips and a little laboured. Hopefully this is insignificant or just wrong on my part and doesn't speak to his prospects of making it back to the AFL.

Best Players: S. Murray, M. Talia, J. Laidler, B. Jack, J. Dawson

Senior Player
    HaHaHaHa. What a joke. Newmans 30 odd possessions twice the value of Jack's 30 odd and he can't make the bests. It's an insult.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    HaHaHaHa. What a joke. Newmans 30 odd possessions twice the value of Jack's 30 odd and he can't make the bests. It's an insult.
    The clubs Best Players for reserves games almost always is at odds with what supporters and often stats show. Not sure why but it's the reason we all wait for the ressie watchers reports - to see who really did play well.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast