Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Positives only

For me, one of the greatest positives so far this year is the prospect of a courageous young man playing footy sometime within the next month or two, after four years of heartache. I reckon I'm more nervous for AJ than I am about our position on the ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Oh, and Parker's gully catch

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    That was amazing. I assume it was a pure fluke - am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Oh, and Parker's gully catch

That really was a cracking take - should get nominated for Mark of the Year IMO but it wont.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    For me, one of the greatest positives so far this year is the prospect of a courageous young man playing footy sometime within the next month or two, after four years of heartache. I reckon I'm more nervous for AJ than I am about our position on the ladder.
    I've said before and I'll say it again - I'll take a poor season if we see AJ back on the park playing footy again - that would make up for what is looking pretty grim in the broader context of the AFL ladder.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Positives? We can't go any lower.

Not sure where to put this post. The Dogs showed that (at least last season) grand finals can be won by anyone in the 8, so playing finals might not just be making up the numbers.
    But if we were to miss finals, would we rather finish 9th or 18th? (With the obvious positive of finishing last)

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    That was amazing. I assume it was a pure fluke - am I wrong?
    It looked intentional on the replay.
    The way we've be going I wouldn't have been surprised if a Giants defender grabbed the ball out of his hand and ran it back for a goal

"Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Having senior players returning. In the next few weeks it is going to be better having Papley, Rohan, Tippet and Heeney than being forced to pick first year players.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I've said before and I'll say it again - I'll take a poor season if we see AJ back on the park playing footy again - that would make up for what is looking pretty grim in the broader context of the AFL ladder.
    Michael Gleeson in the Age claims he's playing reserves this week. Seems too soon to be true but ....

Daniel Menzel, the untapped Cat

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Michael Gleeson in the Age claims he's playing reserves this week. Seems too soon to be true but ....

Daniel Menzel, the untapped Cat
    Yeah, I saw that too and thought 'what the'.......I thought the club said he might be 4 weeks away from Neafl.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Positives? We can't go any lower.
    I didn't know we were such a strong team. Holding up the other 17 teams takes strength (maybe not a successful attempt at humour, but you have to laugh).

Senior Player
    Positives?

We're playing Carlton this week

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast