Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Positives only

So far, Hawthorn are even more crap than us. Though I'm a bit nervous about them beating Wet Toast this arvo.

Senior Player
    Melican was pretty good - looks composed, maybe pace is a query but can't tell yet. Mills played his best game this year and looks leadership material.

Heeney got through OK - he will get better obviously. I think Longmire rolled the dice with the 3 players back from injury. Rohan is handy as we aren't blessed with speed.

We would not want to take next week too easy but we *should* win.

I guess at this rate we are looking at a top 3 draft pick which would be our 3rd in 4 years (I'm counting Heeney)

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    I guess at this rate we are looking at a top 3 draft pick which would be our 3rd in 4 years (I'm counting Heeney)
    And if that eventuates this time the haters won't be able to scream it is as a result of AFL favours ( as they do about academy picks).

We now have a bicycle rack at the SCG .

Just wild about Harry
    Our NEAFL team looks great. Can we ask the AFL if we can make the seniors play the curtain raiser for the magoos?

On the veteran's list
    We could easily win the next ten games given the Bullies are just going. We don't run into GWS, Cats or Crows before then. 10 - 5? I'd take it.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    We get a chance to even the score in July with a fit and seasoned team.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Oh dear Hawks leading Eagles by 27 points half time. If they win we will be bottom of ladder. Positive point? Well it will be a novelty for most of us as fans!

Warming the Bench
    We've faced some tough opposition in the first weeks. Losing to West Coast, Bulldogs and GWS is not unexpected as they're all quality teams. Losing against Port was disappointing but that sort of thing can happen first game. The only game we really should have won was against the pies and we lost by a point. 0-5 looks bad but we've got easier games coming up and quality players back from injury

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm positively annoyed that the Hawks are beating West Coast. Relegated to 18th

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Oh dear Hawks leading Eagles by 27 points half time. If they win we will be bottom of ladder. Positive point? Well it will be a novelty for most of us as fans!
    #1 pick!

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    The kids look promising but just haven't had the senior support they would have in previous seasons.
    Hayward and Papley look like real forwards, something we have been lacking.
    Sam Reid has survived five games and would have to be in our top five (three) players for the season.
    Parker looks to be getting back to the level he should be.
    Lloyd had been surprisingly good in the midfield considering the others that have been of their game.
    Rohan didn't pull anything.
    Heeney looks like can be the footballer we want/hope he can be.
    Tippo didn't get injured.
    Sinclair showed glimpses of his forward potential. Although I think he is suffering from the same lack of confidence infecting the whole team.
    We can't get any worse with our forward entries, can we?
    Surely the ball will start to bounce our way soon. It seems our opposition has had all the luck. But luck seems to go hand in hand with confidence which we had for around eight minutes last night ...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast