Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Positives only

Positives only

There are plenty of negatives flying around at the moment and probably rightly so at 0-5. However, I'm a glass half full kinda guy so would like to have a place where we can discuss some positives of the season so far and looking forward.

First off, I don't get to see many NEAFL games so I was excited to see Melican handle himself well last night against A-grade competition. I think he is a good prospect. Add him to Florent, Newman, and Hayward as very impressive.

There is much more than this for me but I'm interested in other's views.

No injuries

Regular in the Side
    2020 certain Flag. Why?

Go back to the last two seasons that the Swans didn't make the finals, 2002 and 2009 respectively, then add three years-2005 and 2012.

Even in more distant years when Sydney failed to make the finals, three years on was highly successful:
    2000. 2003 unexpected Preliminary Final appearance when many were predicting a spoon
    1995. 1998 strong 3rd place Home and Away position.
    1994. 1997 first time since the 1930's the Swans made back-to-back finals
    1993. 1996 broke a 51 year Grand Final appearance draught.

BRING ON 2020!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Good thread!

I thought Mills looked better. Melican didn't look out of place. parker's mark was cool. It didn't take long to get out of the SCG after full time.

We were likely going to lose this game regardless.
    Next 4 weeks will be positives.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    While he didn't have much impact himself, I thought Hayward did well matched up on the dangerous Wilson.

Mills started to look like the player we saw last year too.

If we win the premiership from here, it will be the stuff of sporting legends and will probably get made into quite an inspirational movie.

Regular in the Side
    We can not get any worse.

First 5 minutes last night - lots of new players getting experience - 56000 members - and we're playing at the SCG - yes it may be a disappointing season this year but we've had a long period of success and it's the Swans -we'll bounce back -we always do

I'm one of the few who has been quite upbeat about out our season. We've been decimated by injuries and the umpires did us no favours in a couple of the earlier matches. Infact, just like the GF, we would have beaten the Bulldogs had the umpires not been incompetent and/or corrupt.

Next week will determine where we are really at. If we lose that game it would be fair to say that making the finals will be difficult and we certainly won't Make a GF. Should we get in that position I think we need to tank it (unofficially of course). Get some runs into the legs of our youth, allow injured players to heal, try a few different tactics, test players in different position, etc. Get a good draft pick and pick an elite speedy, ball winning, mid with that pick.

We've got improvement to come with the return of Rampe, Robinson, Naismith and Johnson.
    Last edited by Markwebbos; 23rd April 2017 at 01:02 PM.

Senior Player
    Melican!

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast