Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alright, who's the weakest link?

Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    Fair enough, it would be good to see him playing the whole match there though not once we are 32 points behind trying to stem the bleeding
    Think KJ is seriously underdone. Started on the bench on Saturday

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    ... I would play him forward out of the square. Leave him there and under no circumstances let him drift into the backline. We need someone one out other than Franklin.
    Yes, I like your full forward suggestion. Not too many could match him on a quick lead but can our midfield kick it to his advantage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Think KJ is seriously underdone. Started on the bench on Saturday
    What, when we were domintating???? I'm not implying anything ;-)
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Our issue isn't 'weak links' instead it is the fact our gun players seem to no longer be guns.

Tippett, Parker, Smith, Hanners, Jack. All in shocking to average form.

Even Kennedy and Buddy are down on output.

Until we get the above group right, no good blaming young players or making excuses about those out of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Our issue isn't 'weak links' instead it is the fact our gun players seem to no longer be guns.
    Capture.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post

Tippett, Parker, Smith, Hanners, Jack. All in shocking to average form.

Even Kennedy and Buddy are down on output.

Until we get the above group right, no good blaming young players or making excuses about those out of the team.
    This.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Just looked at the stats from the final when we last lost to GWS.

Hannebery went from 31d7t in last years game to 23d8t Saturday
    Parker 22d6t to 17d4t
    Jack 22d7t to 12d3t
    Kennedy 30d1t to 22d2t
    Lloyd 26d2t to 29d0t
    Hewett 15dt to 19d2t

Last time we won clearances 39:34 and contested possessions 157:150 and still got beaten by the better team. We also won the hitouts 42:36

This time lost clearances 26:42 and CP 108:142. Won't even talk about hitouts.

Lloyd / Hewitt / Jones are all better this year than last but they aren't able to cover the hole caused by Mitchell leaving / No McVeigh / drastic loss of form of Jack / "underperforming" Parker and Hanners

I think there's too much heavy lifting inside being left to Parker / Kennedy / Hanners. Teams know if they beat those three they'll win around the contest. And if you win the contested ball you beat the Swans.

I think they need to play Jones on ball more. Heeney (which they will), Rohan, Mills, Lloyd as others have suggested. I wondered about Aliir in short spells might be an awkward matchup.

And what has happened to our tackling? I'm sure that stat is largely based on effort. We used to be the best tackling team in the comp.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I think there's too much heavy lifting inside being left to Parker / Kennedy / Hanners. Teams know if they beat those three they'll win around the contest. And if you win the contested ball you beat the Swans.

I think they need to play Jones on ball more. Heeney (which they will), Rohan, Mills, Lloyd as others have suggested. I wondered about Aliir in short spells might be an awkward matchup...
    Hanners needs to get out of the contest and on his bike and similar to your AA suggestion maybe through Reid on the ball a bit more, he has good skills.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Senior Player
    Just looked at the stats from the final when we last lost to GWS.

Hannebery went from 31d7t in last years game to 23d8t Saturday
    Parker 22d6t to 17d4t
    Jack 22d7t to 12d3t
    Kennedy 30d1t to 22d2t
    Lloyd 26d2t to 29d0t
    Hewett 15dt to 19d2t

Last time we won clearances 39:34 and contested possessions 157:150 and still got beaten by the better team. We also won the hitouts 42:36

This time lost clearances 26:42 and CP 108:142. Won't even talk about hitouts.

Lloyd / Hewitt / Jones are all better this year than last but they aren't able to cover the hole caused by Mitchell leaving / No McVeigh / drastic loss of form of Jack / "underperforming" Parker and Hanners

I think they need to play Jones on ball more. Heeney (which they will), Rohan, Mills, Lloyd as others have suggested. I wondered about Aliir in short spells might be an awkward matchup.

And what has happened to our tackling? I'm sure that stat is largely based on effort. We used to be the best tackling team in the comp.
    We seem to need some more grunt in the mids than we currently have and the Aliir suggestion is an interesting one. I was intrigued to note that Jack Maibaum was a forward before he became a defender and that he is elite in terms of agilty and clean hands. It so happens that he is also a black belt in karate. I would experiment with him in the midfield just to see how he goes.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Warming the Bench
    Tonight John Longmire On The Couch advised Jack suffered a hip injury at the JLT series and it hasn't improved.
    Last weekend in Sept 05 - The best weekend of my life!

Quote Originally Posted by swannymum View Post
    Tonight John Longmire On The Couch advised Jack suffered a hip injury at the JLT series and it hasn't improved.
    Then why has he been playing if he's injured?

Warming the Bench
    Sounds like they hoped it would improve. Seeing it hasn't he'll be having a rest.
    Last weekend in Sept 05 - The best weekend of my life!

It's taken losing a lot of games for them to come to that conclusion

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast