Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alright, who's the weakest link?

Alright, who's the weakest link?

Alright, who do you think is the weakest link in the Swans team?

My vote will go to Harry Marsh. He's already had a year of solid footy under his belt, yet lacks the tenacity and composure to be a decent defender. Yeah he was mis-matched on a taller forward tonight due to Swans injury list but weak-in weak-out you just pull your hair out watching him play.

Just wild about Harry
    I don't like this thread. Not cool.

Regular in the Side
    maybe its the coaching panel been together too long.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    I don't like this thread. Not cool.
    I don't either but for me the weakest link are the following:
    1. The wrongful two year trading ban
    2. The fact swans have been in finals for so long they don't get the high draft picks
    Point 1 was just wrong and point 2 I have enjoyed the ride and will support the swans with confidence they will be finals contendors again soon

Senior Player
    You want to blame one person????

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

On the veteran's list
    The weakest link - The link in the chain that didn't break when Rampe tried to jump over it. Hell, we miss him!
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    2. The fact swans have been in finals for so long they don't get the high draft picks
    Point 1 was just wrong and point 2 I have enjoyed the ride and will support the swans with confidence they will be finals contendors again soon
    Yeah, that trading ban definitely stuffed us around.
    Point two wouldn't be as much of an issue if we'd been allowed to trade fairly

While I don't necessarily disagree with the sentiments of the subsequent posts in response to the tread, I do find it a little ironic that people can be offended by the thread after what has been posted for the past 5 weeks about various players (and I'm certainly not saying anyone who has responded in this thread is "guilty" of disparaging any of our players). I guess football evokes emotive responses ...

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Agreed goswannies. The whole back line has been attacked the last few weeks. This is not much different.
    Also, the problem is not the last few players in an out it is our 'good' footballers aren't good at the moment.
    But back OT, I can't see Marsh as part of our next defensive unit. Melican and Newman already look much better options (tips hat to Ludwig). I realise they (backline) have been under the pump so far this year but even when given time I don't think his skills are going to get much better.
    A defensive unit of:
    Smooch, Reg, Rampe
    Newman, Alliir, Melican/Talia/Laidler
    has a nice look to it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Not sure why Marsh is copping it. He's done well in a shambolic unit with the ball freely incoming from the midfield.

He's a keeper for mine.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Not sure why Marsh is copping it. He's done well in a shambolic unit with the ball freely incoming from the midfield.

He's a keeper for mine.
    I agree. I think he's been admirable in how he's kept his head up and kept going. Sure, he's made a few errors - as has everyone - but he has stuck to his task and seems less afraid than most of the rest of the defence to take the game on.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Them's my sediments too.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast