Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: did we let the wrong one go

Regular in the Side

did we let the wrong one go

Naismith continues his injury run. Gets some injury every year. Maybe we should have kept Nanna and let Richmond take Naismith

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I don't know. He started the season well but has been slipping slightly each game. It may be coming to terms with being #1 ruck and he will be better for it in the long run???
    Too early to call but it would be nice to have him available this weekend to play for us.
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 19th April 2017 at 09:38 AM. Reason: speeling!
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Yes, we should've kept him.

He should've played the GF
    And he should be playing for us now.

Another player fell onto his leg during a training drill. Don't see how you can blame him for that?

The one we should have let go was Sinclair.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Another player fell onto his leg during a training drill. Don't see how you can blame him for that?

The one we should have let go was Sinclair.
    I'd agree with that but I still think the lure of being a starting ruckman at the Tigers would have been hard to turn down.

I don't think overall that our ruck stocks are an issue

I've been thinking for a while that Nankervis is a loss. I can tell you that Tiger supporters are thrilled with Toby and what he brings in terms of his aggression and marking. His kicking is the one major weakness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    His mobility is the main weakness imo
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

We effectively traded Nankervis for Darcy Cameron. It's an early call, but I think Cameron will be the better one of the two. Stefan Martin cleaned the floor with Nankervis in the Tigers Brisbane game, but in fairness, Martin is a very good modern day ruckman. Cameron is an excellent mark and kick for goal, has good mobility and is more than adequate in the ruck as well. Cameron's skillset is a more proven route to success than that of Nankervis, who will depend of being a Mummy type ruckman to succeed. That said, I think Nankervis will be a good ruckman. He will be played up a lot because Richmond are in such dire need of anyone who can play in the ruck. Maybe we could offload Sinclair to them at the end of the season. I'd give Sinclair away just to free up a spot on our list.

On the veteran's list
    Slow as treacle, too short and tigers are thrilled because SOMEONE is playing in the ruck. They haven't had a hit out since Ivan's one and only good year.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    We effectively traded Nankervis for Darcy Cameron. It's an early call, but I think Cameron will be the better one of the two. Stefan Martin cleaned the floor with Nankervis in the Tigers Brisbane game, but in fairness, Martin is a very good modern day ruckman. Cameron is an excellent mark and kick for goal, has good mobility and is more than adequate in the ruck as well. Cameron's skillset is a more proven route to success than that of Nankervis, who will depend of being a Mummy type ruckman to succeed. That said, I think Nankervis will be a good ruckman...
    Yeah, he is a vanilla ruckman. Out of our ruck stocks at the end of last year Nankervis would have to have been the most attractive for a team that is only going to play mainly with one ruckman. He may not be great but he will be dependable. Dependability is not term you would apply to our current ruck stocks.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

We effectively traded Nankervis for Darcy Cameron. It's an early call, but I think Cameron will be the better one of the two. Stefan Martin cleaned the floor with Nankervis in the Tigers Brisbane game, but in fairness, Martin is a very good modern day ruckman. Cameron is an excellent mark and kick for goal, has good mobility and is more than adequate in the ruck as well. Cameron's skillset is a more proven route to success than that of Nankervis, who will depend of being a Mummy type ruckman to succeed. That said, I think Nankervis will be a good ruckman. He will be played up a lot because Richmond are in such dire need of anyone who can play in the ruck. Maybe we could offload Sinclair to them at the end of the season. I'd give Sinclair away just to free up a spot on our list.
    Darcy is having a few injury issues to date and he may take a year to settle in but I think he is a very good long term prospect for us, in fact I can see all our recruits from last year having good careers with us.

The future is bright

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Big call on Cameron. Nanna has played some really good games for Richmond thus far. His aggression and willingness to put his body on the line is impressive. However the wraps on Cameron from this forum have been huge. I await for his debut with much anticipation and expectations.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast