Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 6 - CARLTON

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    BJ has got a lot of the ball in the reserves but has wasted it very badly. Not sure how putting another accumulator who can't kick into the side is going to help.

I think Talia and Rose should count themselves very unlucky. I would have had them ahead of Laids, even though he was very good, and BJ.
    I understand his disposal is not elite but not many of our mids are elite at getting rid of it by foot especially. If he is on the list someone must rate him after this many years. His pace certainly won't hurt either.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Our #1 problem is not getting our hands on the ball. If BJ can help with that then it will be a step forward.
    My thoughts exactly! Our disposal numbers have been so low, good to get someone in who gets a lot of the ball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some players have that X-factor, but what I like about Brandon Jack is that he's got that Y-factor.

Every time he kicks the ball I say: Y the f--- did he do that!

I wish him well. He's been marked pretty hard on here. Hope he kicks the winning goal...

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    I wish him well. He's been marked pretty hard on here. Hope he kicks the winning goal...
    I hope the game isn't that close!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Some players have that X-factor, but what I like about Brandon Jack is that he's got that Y-factor.

Every time he kicks the ball I say: Y the f--- did he do that!
    Seems like the whole team has the Y factor this year cos I seem to be saying that a lot

Happy enough with those three changes.

BJ will at least have a crack and make a contest, Laidler is solid and much better than Marsh who is squad filler at best and Newman was very very unlucky to be dropped in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    I hope they give Brandon Jack at least 2 games. He has been very good in the NEAFL - I know the standard is low but if you keep performing you have to get a chance if you are on the list. I would imagine this is his last chance so he deserves at least 2-3 games to prove himself.

Newman is an excellent kick and finds the ball easily - I can't understand why he was dropped in the first place. I'm sorry for the fans, but I don't think Foote will make it. He tries hard for sure but seems a bit below this level.

Laidler is handy as he is pretty tall and relatively experienced. Pretty good balance to this side but I hope Aliir has a good game as we need his height, pace and skill back soon.
    BJ has certainly been given a number of chances. In 2013 he was in and out of the team 3 times. In 2014, 4 times and 2015, 2 times. Maybe injuries played a part in that, but on face value he has now been given 10 opportunities to show he has what it takes. Kudos for working hard and not giving up. He is still only 22 and i sincerely hope he makes a success of it. Unless he has a shocker I would expect him to hold his brothers spot until he returns from injury. As his contract expires this year I imagine this could be his last chance to save his AFL career.

I'm hoping with Newman coming in for Foote that will free up Jones and Mills to play predominantly through the midfield. Though the way the lineups have been annouced it appears not. I hope they are just playing mind games with Carlton.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    We could certainly do with his pace, the MCG might suit him.
    Didn't he kick a bag against Melbourne at the G one day?
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Didn't he kick a bag against Melbourne at the G one day?
    Yes four goals in 2013 in his 3rd senior game. I think he came off the sub bench after an injury to Reid. I was there that day and thought I was seeing the beginning of a stellar career. So let's hope he can do it again.

When I said I was pleased for all the ins I meant I am happy for them, rather than I am delighted with their selection. I am not wildly excited about what BJ offers but would love to see him do well. I doubt he will get 30+ possessions even if he is given that type of role, which I am not assuming he will be. Subject to his performance I reckon he is closest to the exit and most vulnerable to being dropped whether it's his brother or Macca or Robbo returning. Although, by now, I would hope that any of those players will return via the twos. So hopefully he will will get 2 games minimum to show his wares. Not sure he'll be first dropped if it's Rampe returning though.

Incidentally I reckon the player Melican was kicking to may have been Ronke, on the comeback trail from injury.

Another that could threaten BJ's spot when he's next available is Fox.

Incidentally, we haven't yet seen much of him, but Ronke may be another player who can get his hands on the ball. Potentially he could one day be one of our inside mids.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast