Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New coaching staff?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New coaching staff?

Wolftone57 and I have agreed: we should consider refreshing our coaching staff. Wolfie's happy to get rid Horse as well as some assistants. I'm backing Horse all the way but agree it wouldn't be an altogether bad thing if Stuey Dew gets a senior coaching gig or we trade out Playfair and try someone else. I think it's good that we got Kirky on board for last year: he's had some exposure outside the club to other ideas and he also knows the Bloods' ethos and has the passion. But there is room for a little bit more new blood, especially if they are well across some other game styles that we might want to incorporate a bit more into our own game.

However, this raises the question, which replacements should we target? I reckon Scott Camporeale from the Crows might be great but I suspect he may not be interested in transferring to NSW. Brenton Sanderson is another I'd consider. He might be hard to extract from Collingwood and he wants another shot at senior coaching but we could offer him a more senior role than he has at the Pies and he's certainly been willing to move around a lot in the past. Brett Ratten? Nigel Lappin or Matty Scarlett? Another thought is maybe we could poach Lenny Hayes from GWS, although he's still only junior. I probably don't have my finger on the pulse enough to identify a lot of leading talent contending for assistant coaching roles but some of you might have. What are your thoughts?

Nathan Buckley should be available soon. He will be more than happy to move north since his life is in danger in Melbourne (if you believe some of the Collingwood Big Footy posters). He's young and has 5 years coaching experience, including working with a long injury list. He turned Jesse White from an inconsistent player with us into a consistent player, albeit a consistently poor player. He took a crap team on the road and beat last year's Grand Finalist. He's also managed to make Eddie McGuire look like a fool, with is certainly worth some merit points.

It's a shame Horse is contracted till 2020 or we might be able to do a mid-season swap.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Nathan Buckley should be available soon. He will be more than happy to move north since his life is in danger in Melbourne (if you believe some of the Collingwood Big Footy posters). He's young and has 5 years coaching experience, including working with a long injury list. He turned Jesse White from an inconsistent player with us into a consistent player, albeit a consistently poor player. He took a crap team on the road and beat last year's Grand Finalist. He's also managed to make Eddie McGuire look like a fool, with is certainly worth some merit points.

It's a shame Horse is contracted till 2020 or we might be able to do a mid-season swap.
    There's a good chance that Rodney Eade will be available at the end of the year. And I don't think Terry Wallace is up to much at the moment...

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Trolling of the first order - you should both expunge yourselves!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Since Plugger has been on board, we haven't won a game.

Logic says that it's all because of him, but I think the issue is wider than this, and I call for a complete removal of all coaching staff effective immediately.
    Put them all on as caretakers until replacements can be found.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Can't believe no one's mentioned Malthouse. He invented playing along the boundary line didn't he? It's bound to come back into vogue eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    Can't believe no one's mentioned Malthouse. He invented playing along the boundary line didn't he? It's bound to come back into vogue eventually.
    I think we've had enough discussion about the intellectually challenged this week.

I think we've had enough discussion about the intellectually challenged this week.
    Nicely worded

I vote for Bec Goddard, Senior Coach of the Adelaide Crows premiership winning AFLW team. She has a very impressive CV (see below) and pulled together a winning team with nine players based and training in Darwin and the rest in Adelaide.

And her nickname is 'Gods' and she is a member of the Australian Federal Police. That should scare our boys into performing!

"Adelaide�s inaugural Women�s Senior Coach has extensive playing and coaching experience both in the ACT and South Australia. Born and bred in Canberra, Goddard first started playing Aussie Rules in 1999 and has been pivotal in the growth of the women�s game. Her impressive playing and coaching career includes premierships at Eastlake Football Club women�s team as well assistant coach stints at NEAFL clubs Ainslie and Queanbeyan. Most recently Goddard was an assistant coach at Woodville-West Torrens men�s team Centre of Excellence. Her efforts to build the women�s game were recognised in 2015 when she was awarded AFL Football Woman of the Year. Goddard will continue her work as a pioneer of the women�s game as first coach of the Crows women's team in their inaugural AFLW season."

Does Tom Derickx have a coaching license?

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Does Tom Derickx have a coaching license?
    I don't believe he has a coaching license, but Tom was Callum Sinclair's mentor when Cal came over from the Eagles. Tom taught him everything he knew about football. The results are obvious.

I've heard that Tom played alongside Brenda Fevola in Bendigo over the weekend, so maybe he's reigniting his footy career. In any case he's got a new girlfriend.

3EBC55AC00000578-4364410-image-m-53_1490878090892.jpg

In other important Swans news, Abe Davis injured his ankle playing for South Adelaide and is expected to miss 4 weeks.

In a surprise development, the Swans medical staff have discovered than Ben Ronke is actually a hologram.

I don't believe he has a coaching license, but Tom was Callum Sinclair's mentor when Cal came over from the Eagles. Tom taught him everything he knew about football. The results are obvious.

I've heard that Tom played alongside Brenda Fevola in Bendigo over the weekend, so maybe he's reigniting his footy career. In any case he's got a new girlfriend.

3EBC55AC00000578-4364410-image-m-53_1490878090892.jpg

In other important Swans news, Abe Davis injured his ankle playing for South Adelaide and is expected to miss 4 weeks.

In a surprise development, the Swans medical staff have discovered than Ben Ronke is actually a hologram.
    Well, that would explain why Ronke went so low in the draft. As well as wages, there's all that extra electricity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast