Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 5: NT Thunder v Sydney Swans Reserves @ TIO Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Cameron poked in the eye accidentally by Thunder player trying to take mark of the century.
    It was a decent effort from the Thunder player!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    ?Qtr time @NTThunderFC 4.3 27 @swansreserves 3.1 19 Swans goals: Carr Dawson Harlen @neaflofficial #neafl #goswans?

Maibaum has his hands full with Ewing at the moment. Aliir might be a better match up

Gee its a good match so far, really enjoying a great contest.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veteran Site Admin
    Would love to know what the free kick count is. Thunder seem to be being paid all the 50/50 ones, yet for the Swans it seems to always be "play on", whether for high contact when a player goes low to attack the ball, or potential HTB.

no live stats unfortunately. That last goal by Lower was both exciting with the handballs through the middle and great courage by the youngster backing back to take the mark

?Halftime @NTThunderFC 6.3 39 @swansreserves 7.4 46 Swans goals: Harlen 2 Lower Leonardis Mapleson Carr Dawson @neaflofficial #neafl?

Senior Player
    Florent playing the best game I've seen from him, which really pleases me. Evasive and effective by hand and foot.

Cameron looks a senior player. Aliir marshaling the defence well.

Swans moving it very effectively by hand through the midfield. Running and tackling hard. Would love to see the seniors bring the same enthusiasm tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Would love to know what the free kick count is. Thunder seem to be being paid all the 50/50 ones, yet for the Swans it seems to always be "play on", whether for high contact when a player goes low to attack the ball, or potential HTB.
    Yeah, as partisan umpiring as I've seen.

Pushing for Selection
    The Pink will be ok. He has a crack.
    We need a small fwd... draft Ewing . Skills plus good kick

Does Aliir have an opponent ? Either he is playing the spare or he's been very loose and both run counter to what he's supposedly meant to be working on

Pushing for Selection
    It's a training run for him. No accountability. He keeps Ewing goalless in 2nd half. That's a good game for the seniors. Another 20 easy possessions... not good for either

Veterans List
    Apologies for the off topic thread intrusion but I'm watching the Dogs /Giants game ( Dogs 9pts up at half time). The Auskick kid at half time is a Swans fan and he had the Swans logo shaved into the back of his head. What a little gun!! It looked great......

Veteran Site Admin
    Unless he is being outmarked by his designated opponent by playing too far off him, I can't see how that is fair criticism of Aliir. He just seems to be reading the play well and getting into the right spots. I guess that with the Thunder lacking many taller forwards, the main threat is on the ground from their speedy players, and from the guile and experience of Ewing (who I don't believe Aliir is playing on).

Have generally been impressed by all the top ups. They seem to be as confident as the listed Swans in every contest. Sometimes their skills let them down, but many of the listed players have also fumbled and turned the ball over at times. One that caught my eye a couple of weeks ago out at Blacktown was 51 Dylan Smith. He's back for this game, and I again like a few things he's done. He's tall and lanky but looks quite quick and agile. I also think that he's an under-ager (ie not yet passed his first draft date) unlike most of the top ups who are U19s.

I like COR's game so far. He looks to be taking the game on a bit more than the other NEAFL games I've seen this year.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast