Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 5: NT Thunder v Sydney Swans Reserves @ TIO Stadium

Veteran Site Admin
    Absolute cracker of a game and congratulations to the team for their first ever win in the Territory. Lots of the Swans players got better as the game went on - Murray, for example, had a good second half after a quiet first half. I thought Cameron, Florent, AA and Dawson were the best four quarter players, though AA was quieter in the second half and Florent got better the longer the game went. Maibaum did very well to close JR out of the game after half-time, and Pink got reward late for his efforts all game long.

And I notice even the commentators (themselves somewhat partisan, understandably) were getting a little embarrassed by some clear free kicks that didn't go the way of the Swans.

Senior Player
    That was very enjoyable.

No bad players. Best (in order): O'Riordan, Florent, Cameron, Murray, Pink, Aliir.

Regular in the Side
    Thought the top ups nearly all looked pretty much at home. Bit worried that we might have a late out tomorrow with none of the seniors emergencies playing.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Thought the top ups nearly all looked pretty much at home. Bit worried that we might have a late out tomorrow with none of the seniors emergencies playing.
    Very strange to have a key defender as a traveling emergency. Perhaps Grundy not fully recovered from his injury.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I was alternating between this game and the Giants/Bulldogs clash, so I didn't see a lot of this one, but really liked several things I noticed. I was specially taken with Florent - hope he's back in firsts soon - and Cameron. I particularly liked the team's capacity to run and carry and make the most of even slight opportunities, as well as the backing up, support and running to position in attack and defence. All very encouraging.

Thanks to ugg for his meticulous introduction - as thorough and helpful as always.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

NT Thunder v Sydney Swans at TIO Stadium

SYDNEY 3.1 7.4 10.11 16.12 (108)
    NT THUNDER 4.3 6.3 10.3 13.6 (84)

GOALS � Sydney: J Mapelson 3 T Pink 2 S Harlen 2 T Leonardis 2 C O�Riordan M Lower O Florent W Gowers H Carr J Dawson D Cameron. NT Thunder: A Sambono 4 S Rioli 2 D Ewing 2 N Yarran 2 H Drogemuller K Emery.
    BEST � Sydney: D Towers T Pink O Florent A Aliir H MacDonald. NT Thunder: C Ilett N Vea Vea A Sambono S Smith D Weetra S Rioli.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Whilst Aliir's positioning was great, although he dropped 4-5 sodas under no pressure.

He recovered quickly but won't cut it at AFL level dropping easy marks as a defender.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Warming the Bench
    I'm loving streaming the NEAFL this year, is this the first year they've been doing live streaming? If not then I wish I had cottoned on sooner!

Many years now. The Thunder's stream is easily the best because they also broadcast it on TV during the week.

Regular in the Side
    Do we have an attendance figure for the game? The far side of the ground was empty except for four or five kids kicking a football around.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Hey, any comments on Edwards?

Did he play?

I understand the gamble around drafting him as a rookie, but if you couldn't get a game with the Dons with 10 players out, there something a miss!
    doof-doof

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast