Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Round 5: NT Thunder v Sydney Swans Reserves @ TIO Stadium

Towers: 7 tackles, 7 clearances. Is this the same soft player that stuffed it up so spectacularly last year?
    Last edited by Billericay; 1st May 2017 at 05:49 PM.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Pink's goals. Brains and brawn.

Sometimes the stats don't tell the story very well.

Gowers got a lot of the ball, but used it poorly.
    Dawson really worked hard. I was impressed by the number of contests he got to. Took marks and tackled hard. He has a funny way of walking, but once he moves, he moves quickly. Newman is similar in this trait.
    Murray continues his improvement.
    I noticed that Towers got 1st best, but I didn't feel he had much influence. He was the team captain though.
    Pink did some impressive stuff, but has to chase harder when the other team has the ball. But is off to a promising start.
    Cameron had a big presence all game.
    COL didn't get any of the votes, but I thought he was close to BOG. Has the AFL look about him.
    Ollie is a very classy player.
    I don't know why MacDonald got in the Bests. I didn't think he did anything special. Harrison Carr was best of the toppies for mine. I don't remember seeing him before. Looks quick and agile. Does anyone know something about him?

There was one play in the 3rd qtr when Aliir scooped the ball up off the ground with one hand and hit up Dawson spot on in the centre of the ground. Dawson waited a couple of seconds then spotted Cameron leading to the left side in the forward and hit him up with a perfect pass. Was the best play of the day, except Cameron missed the shot on goal. Dawson's kicking wasn't perfect every time, but some were very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Sometimes the stats don't tell the story very well.

Towers got a lot of the ball, but used it poorly... I noticed that Towers got 1st best, but I didn't feel he had much influence. He was the team captain though.

There was one play in the 3rd qtr when Aliir scooped the ball up off the ground with one hand and hit up Dawson spot on in the centre of the ground.
    Sounds like The Towers of Power wouldn't necessarily be better than anyone who played Carlton. And we need Aliir back AASAP

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Towers had a great game.

The knock over the head for Pink's goal was good 'new' footy. Give him his due.

Longmire would have sprayed him.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

There was a Gowers and a Towers. I thought Gowers got a lot of the ball, but used the ball badly, not Towers. I thought Towers was okay, but didn't deserve to be rated best. I am not sure the knock over the head was done on purpose. Looked more like he was just reaching for the ball and couldn't get it so it just ended up going over his head to Toby Pink.

"Harrison Carr was best of the toppies for mine. I don't remember seeing him before. Looks quick and agile. Does anyone know something about him?"

Harry is a Mosman junior, turning 19 this year. Played his first NEAFL game as a 17 yo and played a few games last year as well.
    Really nice kid.

The tip on from Towers for Pink to goal was definitely on purpose. And he was very involved all around the ground and got a series of clearances early in the second half. He deserves substantial credit.

COR wasn't among the players who most caught my eye, like he often was last year. Not at all saying he had a bad game but he didn't have the same destructive run and carry that I've often enjoyed watching from him.

I did notice Dylan Smith a couple of times in the second half in the back half. Remember one courageous instance of him running back with the flight.

Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    What's the go here? Injured?
    I believe he's coming back from injury. Not sure what the injury was. Sorry I can't be more helpful. Maybe somebody else can.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I believe he's coming back from injury. Not sure what the injury was. Sorry I can't be more helpful. Maybe somebody else can.
    appreciate whatever you have, i liked the look of him so am curious.

Sometimes with the club players disappear behind the curtains for extended periods.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Pink's goals. Brains and brawn.

Really like this guy. Long way to go, but can mark, kick a decent set shot and is fast; undoubtedly has the right attitude.

Pushing for Selection
    [QUOTE=magic.merkin;723695]What's the go here? Injured?[/
    Broke his ribs in the last intraclub I believe, had some serious complications from that injury, is about 2 weeks away from a neafl return

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast