Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Rnd. 6. Carlton V Sydney. MCG 14.10 pm.

At least Papley is workin his arse off.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    It is probably only part of it but lack of confidence had gotta be hurting us.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Conservative (sensible?) play by Carlton now.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    What is seeming increasingly remarkable is how well we did last year.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Merdo5555 View Post
    Oh dear...I think the lack of changes in the coaching department is hurting us. We can't seem to be able to adjust to the new way the game is played. Is it time to think about John Longmire's position. In retrospect the Tippet deal has been a disaster. We lost too much for too little in return.
    I agree. The coaches need to be held accountable, not just the players! They selected a side with only 1 (mediocre) ruckman. Knowing damn well Tippett wasn't going to play leaving Reid to play a lot of the day in the ruck hence having a tiny forward line...then playing buddy as an extra midfielder...good idea fellas!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Could it possibly be that the loss of the concessions and all the salary cap nonsense has finally caught up with us? The AFL want Sydney fans to follow the Giants and think we are fickle enough to drop the swans when they lose...all that's going to happen is that fewer people will watch AFL...

I'll be going to every game at the SCG. It's a great place to watch footy, I'll sing Sweet Caroline and I'll catch up with the people who sit near by, and probably either study or join the lady who knits while she watches...

and we might win a few games...who knows...I love Buddy too...

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    It is probably only part of it but lack of confidence had gotta be hurting us.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    How bad is it going to be now? How to fix?

When will we ever put the effort/recruiting into improving our kicking?

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    I agree. The coaches need to be held accountable, not just the players! They selected a side with only 1 (mediocre) ruckman. Knowing damn well Tippett wasn't going to play leaving Reid to play a lot of the day in the ruck hence having a tiny forward line...then playing buddy as an extra midfielder...good idea fellas!

I think you and Ludwig need to talk. Let us know what agreement you come to.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I don't think he will after losing to Carlton. Feels like he needs to say and do something different. Or else it's the definition of madness

Still feels like the Swans players think they are a good team.
    I think us supporters certainly did until today...We clearly over achieved last year which has given us false hope now.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    How bad is it going to be now? How to fix?
    Just hard work & skills training. We've gone a long way in past with hard work, but never been a highly skilled team.

When the work rate falls off, we're toast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warming the Bench
    The issue is what do we change to win a match?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk