Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Rnd. 6. Carlton V Sydney. MCG 14.10 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Just noticed that a couple of the sock puppets who write on the AFL site, have both written about the Gary Rohan injury, but neither mentioned the fact, that none of the umpires seemed to think that having the medicab on the field, was any reason to stop play. Surely such a flagrant breach of convention was worth mentioning? Or are they just giving the umpires the benefit of the doubt and assuming that none of them noticed a player lying motionless on the ground and a reasonably large vehicle driving on the MCG? Grrrrr!
    The umpires did the right thing. They aren't supposed to stop play until the next break in play. The only time they can stop it prior is if the play goes into the vicinity of the injured player. The guy driving the stretcher did the wrong thing by driving onto the ground too early.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I hadn't read your post before I posted mine. .....and no, I don't believe everything on BF. In fact, i haven't gone there since I got banned for calling the Hawks the 'Poos and Wees' after the 2014 GF (check my RWO 'join date'.). BF doesn't deserve my patronage......
    Haha. I got banned for calling them Scumthorn. I also can't stand that t&@d Chief.

Swans' 'unacceptable brand' of footy: Horse - M.afl.com.au

I was wrong. It's just a variation on the theme of "we need to get better".

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    On the radio they said that Rohan was off to the hospital.

Why did Papley not have a shot? He's not confident having a set shot.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    I've come to accept the errors . But that was the one thing I , too , didn't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    If you can bring yourself to watch the replay you will see him try to chase on at least 2-3 occasions where he looked like he was running in treacle. Maybe he was just tired.
    You can include a few others that seemed "to be in treacle" including the skipper !! - not his greatest game against a young bull

Maybe it's a difference in press conference style but after the defeat by the Saints Clarko said:

"Whether that's injection of younger players, change of game style, whatever it is, we need to try to find different ways to go about it. We just can't continue to accept mediocre performances like we got today."

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post

How can Longmire say there is not much in the neafl? Aliir Aliir and Cameron should be certains and O'Riordan a 50:50 chance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post

I think what he said there was quite reasonable and true. It is unacceptable..... I just hope Horse turns the mirror on himself and his coaches, not just the players.......

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy94 View Post
    Does anyone think maybe the appointment of JPK was wrong? He doesnt seem to be a good captian and the thing with McVeigh and Jack the last few years they were massive chatters on the field and always organising the players. JPK doesnt do that.

Great players but Captain he is not.

- - - Updated - - -

Give the armband to Zak Jones.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    How can Longmire say there is not much in the neafl? Aliir Aliir and Cameron should be certains and O'Riordan a 50:50 chance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    O'Riordan is a zero chance unless someone else in the squad picks up a long-term injury in the next week (or you want to drop Melican and return him to the rookie list).

I think what he said there was quite reasonable and true. It is unacceptable..... I just hope Horse turns the mirror on himself and his coaches, not just the players.......
    Must be hard as a coach to ask players why they drop marks , miss tackles , fall over , miss targets and get penalised for the same things week after week - when the players fix up their mistakes he will be a good coach again

Regular in the Side
    I agree entirely. The players seem defeated already, as if there's no point to be busting their gut for their efforts to be spat on at finals time by a league that seems to sanction prejudicial cheating and biased favouritism......and delivering 'fairytales' and 'great stories'. We were once the 'great story', now we're just the enemy........
    it's not a sport. It's entertainment to be marketed.