Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Rnd. 6. Carlton V Sydney. MCG 14.10 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Run that by us again?
    Sorry i mean would have, not were.

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Excellent post and totally agree with you. The AFL has sought to stop the swans style of play since 2005 and finally 12 years later have succeeded.
    They just dont like stoppage game. It might be good for us because thats how we are used to playing but the general rumbling for a few years has been the stoppages and the scrummage it creates. Plus less goals means less ads, its a fact.

Neutral fans also whinge when its a high stoppage game but then they get bored when its a goal fest. I dont think we AFL fans know what we want, hot and cold all the time yet we still show up.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy94 View Post
    People need to stop this obsession with Allir Allir. He is not our saviour and yesterday i dont think he would have made the difference. From all reports he has been avg in the reserves.

It will take one coach to shut him down and break his confidence. Remember when Clarkson almost destroyed Rampe when he first played against the hawk by isolating him down in the goal square? I dont want that with AA.
    Have alook at the ressies game and have a look at Aliir. Far from ordinary. Then compare him to BJ's effort yesterday.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    Have alook at the ressies game and have a look at Aliir. Far from ordinary. Then compare him to BJ's effort yesterday.
    So he had a good game in the ressies? No reason to keep him in the NEAFL this week.

Sadly, the Jacks are finished. BJ was useless, he has been on the list far too long now and hasnt proved himself when given the opportunity. Also why isnt he a tackling machine like his old man was and like his brother? I saw a few fluff missed tackles and i am sure i saw him skirt a contest.

So he had a good game in the ressies? No reason to keep him in the NEAFL this week.

Sadly, the Jacks are finished. BJ was useless, he has been on the list far too long now and hasnt proved himself when given the opportunity. Also why isnt he a tackling machine like his old man was and like his brother? I saw a few fluff missed tackles and i am sure i saw him skirt a contest.
    I'm neutral re BJ but I thought he at least had a crack with his defensive efforts - tackled, chased and used the ball reasonably well when he had it. I know he stuffed the goal in the goal square but where were his fellow fwds telling him he had two to beat ?

There has been a bit of talk about our ugly stoppage game and the AFL hating it. But if you look at the so called new game all that has developed is a Rugby Union style rolling scrum. Instead of scrums you get rolling scrums. The umpires allowing certain teams to throw or drop the ball is turning our game into a form of Rugby Union, a game that worldwide is dying. Gillon McLachlan will be the CEO that kills AFL footy. He and his psycho mates are ruining the game and creating a game that is nothing to do with Aussie Rules Football. Already it is almost unrecognisable as the game I grew up with and loved. If the umpires don't start umpiring the throw out of the game soon I will no longer follow the game. I get incredibly frustrated every game I see and the umpires are told to let these incidents go because it is obvious they can see what is happening. If they were unsighted that would be different but an umpire standing about 10 metres away from the play in front of the play cannot help but see an obvious throw but let's it go. This is a planned directive from AFL headquarters because they want more ball movement. I charge Gillon McLachlan with deliberately and maliciously interfering with the interpretation of the rules of the game. Peter Schwab is just as guilty.

I find the rolling scrum just as ugly as the scrum.

Sadly, the Jacks are finished. BJ was useless, he has been on the list far too long now and hasnt proved himself when given the opportunity.
    So you're saying
    Jack Off
    Allir On

The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    So you're saying
    Jack Off
    Allir On

Better than Jack Off, On Aliir

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    There has been a bit of talk about our ugly stoppage game and the AFL hating it. But if you look at the so called new game all that has developed is a Rugby Union style rolling scrum. Instead of scrums you get rolling scrums. The umpires allowing certain teams to throw or drop the ball is turning our game into a form of Rugby Union, a game that worldwide is dying. Gillon McLachlan will be the CEO that kills AFL footy. He and his psycho mates are ruining the game and creating a game that is nothing to do with Aussie Rules Football. Already it is almost unrecognisable as the game I grew up with and loved. If the umpires don't start umpiring the throw out of the game soon I will no longer follow the game. I get incredibly frustrated every game I see and the umpires are told to let these incidents go because it is obvious they can see what is happening. If they were unsighted that would be different but an umpire standing about 10 metres away from the play in front of the play cannot help but see an obvious throw but let's it go. This is a planned directive from AFL headquarters because they want more ball movement. I charge Gillon McLachlan with deliberately and maliciously interfering with the interpretation of the rules of the game. Peter Schwab is just as guilty.

I find the rolling scrum just as ugly as the scrum.
    heh typical incompetence of an organisation run by morons, they tried to stop a perceived problem by creating another problem. Same as the deliberate OOB rule.

The game is a massive contrast to pre Gillion days with how much its changed in his short tenure.

If you watch our GF from 2012 you can sit there and count how many new free kicks would have been awarded that day under the new current rules. Then if you watch our 2005 win its even more different with stuff you wouldn't even dare to think to do these days.

The AFL has done a mighty job of destroying the legacy of 100 years of football. You cant compare sides to older sides no more because the reality is, the game is so different to what it was that those teams would be flogged, not from skills, but from the way the game is played and umpired. Other codes have slowly evolved with professionalism but they have kept the fundamentals the same, not with AFL.

And in a decade we most likely will be watching a game that has nothing to do with the 2017 version.

Incompetence, nothing more nothing less. You have a billion $ industry being run by ex players who were never really properly educated. An 18 week community coarse should not be enough to run a professional code. And why do we need a rules committee? Is there another scenario where a few of the ex players have given their old VFL mates a job? Why do we have a rules commmittee to begin with?

Also why does the AFL keep giving the umpires job to failed coaches?

That 100 year legacy of football also includes this: Australian rules football schism (1938�1949) - Wikipedia

So Gillion is not doing anything that has not been done before. In fact, I would much rather they flat out permit underarm throws of <2m, so at least the way the game is played is consistent with what the rules say.

Senior Player
    Heeney admitted this morning that he's noticed that 'it's dead quiet' compared to last year and 'a really weird vibe' on the ground. Could be imagining it, but seemed a little bit of tension as Hannebery sought to mop it up.

AFL Game Day on Twitter: "�It�s dead quiet - it�s a weird vibe at the moment.�

@IHeeney says the young @sydneyswans must find their voice! https://t.co/F9P0qsGXcz"

Kennedy has never been a big onfield talker, but reckon Rampe and McVeigh are.

Quote Originally Posted by wycx View Post
    That 100 year legacy of football also includes this: Australian rules football schism (1938�1949) - Wikipedia

So Gillion is not doing anything that has not been done before. In fact, I would much rather they flat out permit underarm throws of <2m, so at least the way the game is played is consistent with what the rules say.
    Some teams have almost abandoned handballs (takes too long) in favour of slapping , pushing or knocking the ball to their team mate .